Sunday, August 7, 2022

CRABBY OLD LADY



Microsoft users probably remember the Crabby Office Lady who answered questions for whatever program you were using.  I loved her smart Alec advice.  Sure do miss her.


About 20 years ago we had a local drugstore with a food counter in the back.  I often stopped in for a quick bite in between breakfast and when school got out and I went to pick up my Kidlet.  Every day there was a group of older guys having coffee and a donut and chit chatting away.  One of them explained they were a local group called SNOBs.  Senile Negative Old Bastards.  How perfect was that!  I need to start my own group.  Last week I was overwhelmed by scams and disappointments and fraudulent charges on my credit card.


I had a trip to the dentist to try to restructure my tooth so a crown would stay on.  I had asked to just have it pulled because the crown had come off 5-6 times.  He talked me into trying one more time.  I was a bit nervous as he would be removing some of my gum to expose the tooth.  They gave me some calming drops in water (should have been a martini) and lots of numbing meds so I didn't feel a thing.  He said "oh just wait til tomorrow".  I got up at 6am to take Aleve and kept the pain at bay.  NO PAIN!


He wouldn't even charge me.  So I tried to order tooth shaped sugar cookies to have delivered (with a little heart in the middle).  My regular place has gone up to $6 per cookie AND a three to four week wait list.  I tried my second choice and she has just not conquered sugar cookies and suggested cupcakes.  Too messy, I thought.

 

I then decided on an edible fruit arrangement!  Ordered on Friday for delivery on Tuesday.  When Tuesday rolled around and I didn't hear from the office ... I went online to track my order.  It showed the order was received by a local franchise but not delivered.  I called the number on the order (local number, I thought).  But just got the run around, not a local number and she didn't know why it wasn't delivered did I want to choose a different day.  NO!  I just will take my money back.  Oh, well she couldn't authorize that I would have to call the corporate office ... where I waited with Muzak in my ear for 27 minutes before I hung up.



I went back online to sent a CANCEL this order.  Twice.  Finally, two days later the refund showed up on my credit card.  Now my enthusiasm is gone.


I'll continue my whining and complaining in the next blog.



4 comments:

  1. If people just did what they promised the first time we wouldn't all feel like joining a SNOBS club! And a four week wait for cookies? Who would do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weddings, Corporate Events. She's gotten big time! Out of my league now ...

      Delete
  2. I get tired of online ordering mistakes. It makes me want to go back to the old days. I am also jealous of that SNOB group. I need one in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked to find locations for Edible Arrangements ... the only one listed was 40 minutes away. Maybe I should blog twice a week ... one being the SNOB edition?!!!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...