Thursday, August 18, 2022

COMPUTER TROUBLE

 Sorry this is not my happy blog although it does have a happy almost-ending.

My computer died, went completely black, on Friday evening as I was streaming TV show.  I tried the usual things to get it to turn back on but nothing worked.  Even unplugged but it seemed to be getting hotter on the upper left side.

Sat morning I took it to our local Lake Oswego Mac Repair and this is what he said:

Unfortunately, your computer is not coming back. Sorry. It got too hot and the logic board is gone. It is over 4 years old and it is not worth replacing the logic board. Fans were packed with dust and there must have been heat warning, before it died.
Thank you.


(I did not get any warning)

I went to the local Apple store and worked with a great guy, Ethan, and bought a new laptop.  THEN he noticed my 16” was still under Apple Care!  Jesse took it to the Genius Bar Wednesday and they are going to fix or replace it ... and send it to my home!  NO CHARGE.

More later!   Slowly rebuilding my new baby and have ordered an external drive so I can use Time Machine every week.

4 comments:

  1. I hate computer issues. I went through all that last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. GRRRR. Still rebuilding. But old was was fixed by Apple and I'm hopeful my hard drive is intact!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...