Thursday, August 11, 2022

POLLYANNA

This is an experiment. I am going to try to only blog positive things on Thursdays and my crabby things on Sunday.  Stay tuned.

The family has sure made good use of their summer.  Besides ten days in Montana with Jesse's side of the family, they raft down a local river about once a week.  No rapids just a nice float for three hours.  The boys take turns in a huge swim tube tied to the raft .... so they feel that are on their own.  They pack snacks and fill up the water bottles then end their busy day with McDonalds.  I don't even have to go pick up one driver to take them to their starting point car as in the past few years.  It was tough for me as the two lane country road had people going 50 mph all the while the sun is in my eyes.  Now they take both cars and do it all!

Last week they went to a highly rated (and not too crowded swimming hole, Big Eddy) and had a blast.  It was hot as blue blazes and the water there is run off from snow pack, so very cold.  They packed Subway sandwiches and chairs and life jackets and big tubes and even the parents went in!



Next week they are going camping for three nights.  There is a stocked Small Fry lake where under 17 can fish for two catches per day.  It takes Jesse a day to pack up everything you can imagine, drive for 90 minutes and they the two of them set up like a well oiled machine.  Not sure they will allow campfires this season but usually the boys gather twigs and kindling.



And me?  No commotion or chaos and I can get an organizing project done, enjoy ethnic food they don't like and go to bed as early as I like.  A new upscale grocery opened just a mile away and I love love love looking. They have a great deli (where I get my exotic meals) and 10% off on Wednesdays.  I get a scoop of this and a scoop of that and enjoy new tastes (Coastal kale salad, two bean spinach salad, greek salad, a slice or two of skirt steak with chimichurri sauce, Asian turkey meatballs, etc).  They sell sample sizes of cheeses so one night I have new to me cheeses and fruit.

School starts Monday, August 29!


2 comments:

  1. I can't get used to people talking about school starting in August! Glad you are getting some me-time before the hectic life begins again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohio schools started Aug 8!!! But they are all air conditioned.

      My latest project was clearing off the dining table, making two study areas and two dining places. Got lots of charging cables, rounded up their school laptops, plugged them in and still have charging spaces for their iPads. Amazon had two wire "in baskets" so I labelled each one and placed them on top of their computers. Braeden has a month at a glance calendar as he will start getting long term projects.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...