Sunday, November 7, 2021

AND THE BEAT GOES ON ....

I hate Daylight Savings Time.  I have yet to talk with anyone who likes it.  So ... WHY are we continuing to do this??  It's time for me to let the people who are in charge KNOW I want it to stay one time or another.  Don't care which.

It does give me an extra hour this week to try to keep building my relationship with our Tween.  He's mostly moody teenager with just enough little kid left in him.  I'm reading lots on how best to live with this change in him.  As well as learning more about sibling rivalry.

I usually retrieve them both from school and ask open ended questions.  Now I start with Deacon as if his brother is being negative, he doesn't always just copy him.  We continue to support our local food pantry although now I say " we need to gather a donation to drop off .... which day would you like to do that?"


I treated the whole family to a weekend at Cannon Beach for Braeden's birthday (teacher parent online conferences so no school Thursday and Friday). Unfortunately, the family cold finally caught me so I didn't invite them to come to my room to spend the night.

We let him open gifts when THEY were finished eating ... 
that's Dad's burger on the table (I was impressed that he asked his little brother
 to choose which gift to open AND let him help!)


Here's the happy boy we don't see so often any more ....


Here's his normal look .... NOT quite a snarl ....


And my new favorite look ... reading for fun!



4 comments:

  1. I don't mind daylight savings. I actually love it in the spring when it gives us more sunshine during the day. Parents in climates like mine don't like to send there kids to school in the dark though. Seems like twice a year the blog community debates this topic. LOL

    Your grandsons are going up fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I have met ONE!!! You are the first and only who actually loves DST111

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of daylight savings times, although generally the fall is my favorite season. Right now, I'm trying to train my stomach and my dog's to wait past mid-morning for our lunches, and my husband feels groggy all the time. Until I get my hunger regulated, I'm renaming my lunch "brunch," and that makes it seem okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. Luckily, being retired I can eat when (and what) I want. Usually I sip on my one cup of cold brew for two hours while reading the papers, emails and Facebook. And I have my very own happy hour with some nuts, or V8 or non alcoholic beer. No guilt!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...