Tuesday, June 11, 2019

CRABBY with a COLD



Yep, a summer cold caught me.  Monday and Tuesday last week were HIGH pollen count days and since I now have seasonal allergies, they were very noticeable.  Nose and throat and eyes rolled those feelings over into a full on cold.  Trust me, I isolate myself immediately because I am very crabby when not feeling up to par.

I slept for two days while taking cold tablets and using more Flonase.  And lots of water.  On the third day I was feeling much better but kept myself in my room so I don’t spread it.  Little guy seems to be catching it so Momma let him in to snuggle and take a nap.   Darned good for both of us!  Although after 40 minutes, he was back to running and playing and dancing … I decided to do some slug style chores.  

First I cleaned my computer, inside and out.  Then I backed it up.  I filled out some forms and scanned and sent them.  It was the first time I’d used the document feeder (7 pages) so I also learned something new with my half brain.  



I gathered up magazines to donate to our Clubhouse Library and organized the command central shelves near my bed.  I was looking in my Address Book trying to find the email address of a blogger friend and thought I should pare that down a bit … especially all the Maui ones (not my friends, but businesses, neighbors, restaurants, etc.)  Then any names I no longer recognized!  

What an interesting project.  Doctors, masseuses, acupuncturist, pharmacy, Hospice help … all from Mr. Ralph’s care.  Parents of Kate’s grade school friends.  Some of Ralph’s business friends … although I kept a couple because we have emailed each other after he died.  The place we rented VHS tapes.  Friends who have passed on.

I made good use of my time without taxing my brain power!



2 comments:

  1. You sure make good use of your isolation time out. I need to clean my computer, too. All that old information sure adds up doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this time I did. So many little time consuming things I should be doing. Scanning old photos is a BIG one. I’m considering having Costco do it!!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...