Monday, January 8, 2018

ANOTHER WAY OF THINKING

Sometimes it's nice to view the world via someone else's perspective.  

Once, during the last three weeks of sickness, I asked Deacon (almost 4) how he was feeling.  He said "very good, Grandma ... then lifted his shirt and said Look, my heart is still beeping".


Just to get them out of the house, we went to a drive through Starbucks and then on to get the car cleaned "Oh yay!  We are going to the car shower!"

I felt the tooth fairy fly by my head last night.


I don't like the name Braeden.  I want to be named Jim.

Today was tough as it is Braeden's first day back at school in over three weeks.  He's 90% better but totally out of the swing of school.  I decided to drive him to school this week so he gets an extra hour of sleep.  After breakfast and getting ready, he burst into tears ... I'm nervous to go back to school, Gramma.  No one is going to remember me.  I can't play football because I haven't used my muscles.  I'm going to miss by brover.  (this same brover who last night he said he wished had never been born!).


Let's hope he makes it through the day!








5 comments:

  1. Aw, that is SO cute...especially the one about his heart still beating. Great way to put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every darned day I hear something so remarkable. I probably should change the name of this blog ... Grandchildren Are My Hobby!

      Delete
  2. Kids really do say the darndest thibgs, don't they! I miss having "little grandkids"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did he make it through the day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did! They remembered him! He had fun at recess! And he did miss his brother but not toooooo much!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...