Sunday, January 14, 2018

AWKWARDLY THRIFTY

After being mostly at home tending to my flu stricken family, yesterday I got myself out to run a few errands.


Bed, Bath and Beyond.  WITH coupons!  (I ask neighbors for theirs, taken them out of magazines, etc)  I splurged and got myself an extra set of bed linens.  The set was already marked down plus I had two $10 off coupons and three 20% off coupons!  SCORE!

Jesse loves lighting candles in the evening to calm the boys before bedtime ... and freshen the air of sweaty little boy aroma and dog breath.  Some scents were being sold at half price .... plus coupons!  So a typical $22 Yankee Candle was under $9.  It feels good!
Next stop the grocery store, Safeway, because I had more coupons.  At the bottom of each receipt it tells you what percentage you saved ... 25% is my goal.  Yesterday?  50%.

I think many retailers are just trying to get some business after the holiday spending.  Next purchase?  A new big screen TV to replace the 15 year old one in the living room.

To celebrate a day of savings (and give the Chief Cook and Bottlewasher a meal off ... he had boys outside hiking for hours during our 58 degree day!), we brought in Round Table pizza (with a 20% off coupon!)

My kind of Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was so good to get out and about in the sunshine! And boys were excited to get Round Table ... usually too expensive so we get take and bake from Papa Murphy! A wonderful day for everyone!

      Delete
  2. H is still in to saving $ with coupons. We also have a grocery store here that does "5 for 5". They have certain things that are a dollar off the regular price throughout the store, but you have to buy five items to get the dollar off. You don't have to get all the same thing. For instance, you can get tissues, potato chips, spaghetti sauce, etc. Whatever they've included in the sale. It's a little nerve-racking, but it's kind of fun. We circle everything we want on the flyer before we go to the store. Glad you got such good deals. It does make you feel good. Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safeway does $5 Friday ... lots of things that we typically use are $5 ... like a pound of Primo deli turkey. Jesse circles all the things he would like that week as well! I would love to spend a year NEVER paying retail!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...