Monday, August 1, 2016

AUGUST?

Yes, today is August 1, 2016.  It's looking like it will be great fun.

A young friend (mid-twenties) from Portland arrives Friday (with her whole group).  Mostly I've been a resource and reassuring her that the weather app for Kihei is WRONG.  It shows rain every single day.  All year round.  Statistically, Kihei gets a max of 9 inches of rain per year.  Usually not that much.  

My kiddos arrive on August 11.


Buddy Phyllis is a little sad as I won't be seeing her 2-3 times a week for those two weeks.  But this is a once a year treat for me.  If we can fit it in, we will have her over for dinner!  She's not been to my little house yet.

I am ready for two busy boys.  Two swim pools (one little rigid one for hot afternoons out front in the shade).  Bigger one on back deck under cover which is not in the sun until about 3pm.  Squirt guns.  Bubbles.  Army guys.  Rubber duckies.  Gecko catching nets.  Gecko homes (they can only keep them for two hours, then let them go).  Puzzles.  Games.  Coloring and painting.  Pipe cleaners.  And a little 3 year old neighbor named Jayden.  And of course, 81 named beaches!  Probably the best part will be camping on the floor!

This week I have my annual skin check.  I wish I could buy a wine barrel filled with 100 SPF that I could just dip my whole self into every morning.  I usually put 15spf lotion on my face every morning and 50 spf block when at the beach. I know it's the every day, quick in and out, that hurts the most.

Looking forward to this blistering hot month ....





6 comments:

  1. You are going to to have a wonderful August with your grandkids there. Are their parent/s coming too?

    Good luck with your annual skin check. I'm still paying bills on mine that keep rolling in from April! Moles are expensive little buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are just 5 and 2, so parents are part of the package until the youngest is 12 ... if ever!! Ugh ... I hate to hear that payment part ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun you are going to have. I expect you will be in a rest home come September 1st, but worth the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have so much fun with those little guys. I know you miss them. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting down the minutes now. Stocked up on little boy food (mac n cheese, toaster waffles, 100% juice popsicles, cookies and crackers, cheese, juice) All they want to do is be IN the water. Wherever!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...