Sunday, March 20, 2022

SOFT SLIPPERS, NOT PARTY SHOES

Leaving my House Mouse phase is tougher than I thought it would be.  It does take a bit of effort to begin to reconnect in person.  Yet I did manage to meet my "boss" from the Food Pantry for coffee on Monday.  New coffee shop but not strong enough for me.  It's the first time we'd ever seen each other without masks!

On Thursday I had the BEST pedicure ever!  About 5 blocks from home.  Spendy but my sister sent me a gift card a few Christmases ago and then Covid came.  So extra sweet for it to be FREE.  No more callouses on the sides of my big toe and my feet are as soft as a baby's behind.

I think I have mentioned that I can’t read books, which started after Mr. Ralph’s departure.  My blogger friend, Misadventures of Widowhood, had the same thing happen.  A few others as well.  I read this article in NYT and think I will try the plan that Jean suggested.  Re-read some favorite books from way back.  Listen to some current books.  And hope that this passion returns!


As I was running a few errands (yes, including the library!), there was a section on NPR that caught my attention and I am going to mimic them.  

WHAT WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU LAST WEEK?

I made chicken soup for the family, cooking the carcass all day and let each person choose rice or noodles to add to their own bowl.  The Little Guy came over to me to say "this is the most delicious soup EVER, Gramma.  Thank you"

Your turn!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your venture out of being a"house mouse." I'm not there yet--maybe soon.
    Best thing--found out that my dog tossing her cookies was nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of work to be social. Hair, make up and fresh clothes.

      Our dog would toss his cookies so he would get rice and a bit of broth for a day or two ... just little snacks. Also good for diarrhea. They are just like people having a bad tummy day!

      Delete
  2. Chicken soup made from a rotisserie chicken is the best.

    Glad you're going to try reading again. Your grandsons are getting older and probably won't be requiring as much of your time in the future so it's good to have a portable hobby like reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right on ... now we will sports' practices and games ...and I can READ as I wait (and cheer)

      Delete
  3. NYT wouldn't let me read the article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can send out 10 articles a month for free ... if you want to share your email. Mine is jb97034@me.com

      Grief Stole My Love of Reading. Here’s How I Got It Back.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...