Sunday, March 13, 2022

A BIT OF THIS, A BIT OF THAT

I finally got a haircut although she thought it looked great long!  It grew out perfectly, still in layers.  So it was more of a trim and a few more layers, air dry part way and then some curling goop.  Love it.  Sorry, I didn't take a pic.
 
The next day I had a follow up visit with gyno (actually, she is a urogynecologist and about 18 years old).  My first ever visit with her was in November at her office within St. Vincent's hospital, which is about 14 miles away.  I was scheduled for the end of January but I postponed due to Omicron.  I probably blogged about my inability to reach a human being so I sent her a USPS letter and requested that I change locations to a bldg less than 4 miles from me.

When I arrived 10 minutes early, the reception person was having trouble and called over a helper.  Apparently my appt was at the hospital location ... and they suggested I could dash over and not be too late.  GRRRR.  After getting up early (for me, shower, etc) I left mad, bought myself a Starbucks and went back home.  I sent a note on my chart/portal and will be sending another USPS. She's a great doctor but need new staff ...

I think I hate driving and hopefully will stop soon.  So many distracted people out on the roads AND the highways!  It's unbelievable.  No one gives themselves a five or ten minute cushion so the speeding is terrifying.  Going that 4 miles I had a heart attack 5 times!  Also the joy of watching one speeder get pulled over.

The whole week was spent on the computer.  
  1. Fraud charge on a credit card.  
  2. Storage unit price (increases every October) sent me notice of NEW, $60 increase as of April 1. After talking to the kidults, they are willing to MOVE everything to a bit smaller unit for less than half cost!  As soon as I set it up to get the new one (plus one month free!), they sent an email offering the $510 unit for $350!!!!  I've been there for ten years you'd think they would reward loyalty!!   So poor kidults will spend a few days moving everything (hopefully paring down as I knew there is still baby furniture in there and our baby just turned 8)
  3. Lots of creative work for the food pantry newsletter.
  4. Cancelled two streaming services that I signed up for temporarily to watch things.
  5. Changing Braeden's math tutoring from 15 visits a month to 10 visits and "pausing" July due to vacation and December as the family gift is a trip to Disneyland.  SSSSSHHHHHH
  6. Tweenager (Braeden) wanted to create his own CD of music.  What a learning process for Gramma!  I probably invested 10 hours figuring that out.  But now I can show him a straightforward way to buy songs, build a playlist and burn a CD.
  7. I decided to postpone my dental cleaning (going back to twice a year) and they emailed back saying it had been six months.  I checked my online calendar and showed I went in December.  Oh yeh, sorry I missed that one.  I hope I don't get dementia ....
I called all my siblings this week.  When I had to leave a message for Cheryl (SIL), my dead brother's voice greeted me and brought me to tears.  Actually had to leave messages for everyone but two did call me back!

In my Pollyanna way, the good news is my mad hatter coffee was paid for by the people in front of me!

4 comments:

  1. I have better luck changing things through my medical portal than by calling the doctor's office.

    Think long and hard about giving up your driving. I week women here struggle with keeping up with the raising cost of Uber rides. I would not like to depend on that service but I know that day will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, luckily for me I have two drivers living with me! And I can rejoin the WLLO Village and get 3 rides per week. It's worth the $540/year for the driving alone. So many other perks:

    Help at home
    Occasional housekeeping
    Occasional pet care
    Paperwork management
    Help with your technology
    Light maintenance
    Occasional light yard/garden work
    Personal support
    Companionship visits
    Check-in phone calls
    Transportation to medical appointments, other events, and running errands with you

    All social functions listed above under Associate Membership

    Access to vetted vendors provided by the Villages Northwest Hub
















    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a long list of accomplishments! There always seems to be so much to deal with and most of it isn't much fun. Right now I should be out mowing my lawn.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...