Tuesday, February 19, 2019

ENOUGH, ALREADY!

Mother Nature!  Please take your medication!!

Friday night before departure, we had to stay at a hotel because of threat of snow (we got four inches)

Monday we had a snorkel trip to Molokini on a boat with slides and trampolines!  The weather was too choppy and the captain should have called it off and provided a refund. It was a bouncy choppy 50 minute trip to Molokini and only one other boat was there .... no people in the water. Sooooooo .... he took us to a secret spot.  No one else was there either.  Very choppy but the four of them got in.  The fish were too deep to see.  They were in the water for ten minutes max.

I wrote to the employee with whom I booked, back and forth and back and forth finally he offered 25% off.  Not good enough so he offered an afternoon trip to Coral Gardens (free) and they had a blast.

Last night was the special luau at The Grand Wailea.  Just as they got their food to the table, Mother Nature gave them a huge dump of water.  Fortunately, Grand Wailea offered a re-do or a refund!  That's the service I expect.



This is Tuesday around noon and it's been pouring rain since about 7am!  We are going to spend an hour or two finishing work on the garage.  Realtor found a guy with a truck for hire and he is coming after we leave to take a load or two to the dump.  Followed with the carpet cleaner and the grand finale .... a deep clean.

But despite the wind, the grey and the cooler than usual temperatures, we've had lots of sun breaks.



Weather permitting, we are having a fun family photo session at the beach.  I have a small urn of Mr. Ralph and so he will be in the photo with us.  Then sprinkled along his favorite beach.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy you're leaving part of Ralph behind in his favorite place! Don't forget to save some ashes for a locket or a tiny urn. I have both. A 4 inch urn and a sterling silver engraved locket with room for ashes and Don's photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only taken me six years! I have a lot of ashes in Portland ... so the Oregon coast, Sunriver, Willamette River (summer concerts) and maybe a sprinkle at our old house.(with permission)

      From Maui, I'm bringing a big wooden box with his name and stats and a green inlaid turtle. So everything else will fit in there.

      Delete
    2. Did you have trouble carrying ashes on the plane? I vaguely remember they had to have a funeral home or permit paper or something?????

      Delete
    3. I got a permit to bring him with me to Oregon. I carried those papers with me for tiny urn I packed in my checked bag. No problem though! TSA went through Kate's bag though ....

      Delete
    4. Ya, like older people never carry banned things in THEIR bags. LOL By the way that photo of your family above is great. Don't remember seeing them all in one frame before.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...