Tuesday, February 12, 2019

THE END OF AN ERA

Pegasus has struck me again.

Our flight to Maui was Saturday morning at 8:40 am.  Portland weather people were predicting a Snowpocalypse during Friday night.  We adults had already aligned so many things prior to flying ... jobs, dog sitting, prescription medicines, condo checker, mail stop, etc.


I decided we best spend the night AT a hotel near the airport ... and leave the minivan at the cheap far away parking.  My surprise to the grands was having a place with a pool.  A saltwater pool at that.  The three of us had an early (6pm )dinner so they would be ready to swim after the kidults did all car parking/shuttle bus nstuff.  I had a room with a King bed and a sleeper sofa so we had a slumber party and the kidults could go walk in the snow (they take a walk every night after the boys go to bed)(for the silence, I'm sure).

Unfortunately, Gramma snores so Braeden left the king bed and went in with Deacon ... and they both got up at 6am!  Our flight was delayed til 9:25 so we got to have a leisurely breakfast and catch a later shuttle.  Boarding was again delayed but only by 15 minutes.


Once we got to our seats, boys all in a row and the two ladies elsewhere, Alaska announced they were having trouble keeping the plane de-iced.  We sat on the plane for TWO HOURS (oh, don't worry, complementary water!).  Despite having very numb buns, we finally arrived on our sunny island.  (we packed new coloring books, maze books, new legos and lots of treats, and screens ... the boys were totally entertained.


I was not.  I think I am finished flying.  It's too much hurry up and wait, my bum is growing and the seats are shrinking.  I resent emptying my purse and my carry on and taking my shoes off and on (I wore my flip flops through the snow to avoid that headache.

Methinks Pegasus has it in for me!




2 comments:

  1. Flying really is a lot of trouble in this day and age. I have two friends recently going on trips (not together) and the headaches they had at airports was unbelievable---cancellations, rerouting, hours of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I swore only nonstop flights ... but now I think I'm simply done with flying. I'm just a crabby old lady!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...