Sunday, August 20, 2017

CARBIVORE

I'm considering starting a 12 step program for those of us who are addicted to carbohydrates.  


Pasta.  Pizza.  Warm bread.  Creamy soups.  Potatoes.  Corn on the cob.  Rice.  Noodles.  Potato chips.  Crackers.  Thanksgiving Stuffing.  Gravy (or sauce of any kind)

Even though I know the evil effects, I find myself drawn to carbohydrates.  Especially with little boys in the dining picture.  I made chicken and noodle casserole with potato chip topping the other night and there were NO LEFTOVERS.  I often choose restaurant meals based on the sides that accompany the protein.  Or ask if I could have the garlic mashed potatoes instead of the steamed greens.  I'm so bad, I often talk my salad eating friends into sharing an order of fries with our salads!  

But now that I can walk and exercise, I need to change up the eating habits as well.  I did join my local Adult Community Center and have been riding the exercycle at least twice a week.  My Yoga Where You Don't Have to Get on the Floor starts in two weeks.  And school starts on August 29, an hour earlier than last year.  I will be driving him TO school (so he gets that extra 30 minutes of sleep) and after I drop him off at 8:30, I can go to exercise right after.  Surprisingly, there has never been another person in the Fitness Room while I have been there!

Any suggestions on delicious substitutions?


P.S.  Yes, I do love zucchini noodles ...


6 comments:

  1. I got so far as to buy the zucchini noodle maker but it's still in the box....a year later. You won't be getting an advice from me. You at least think about giving up stuff. I don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't even need any equipment these days! My local grocers all carry zucchini noodles (and sweet potato noodles) as well as riced cauliflower (to make into mashed "potatoes). They are both excellent substitutions, I have to say ....

      Delete
    2. I'd probably love the sweet potato noodles. I didn't even know they existed.

      Delete
  2. Just eat whatever you want to!!! Life's too short to give up our yummies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I need to get healthier ... high sugar numbers .... I can't be as strict as my sister, but I can do much better (as I finish leftover pizza for lunch ....)

      Delete
  3. Carbs -- I try not to think about carbs -- except when I cheat with too many.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...