Sunday, December 25, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS


The year 2016 was a happy one for me.  I spent the whole year in Maui and was fortunate to be able to bring my little family over for a two week visit.  Sunshine and water all day long!  It would be great to all live there.

I renewed friendships on the little island and hosted a few guests.  Just the right amount of fun adventures, shared meals and a good amount of alone time.  And you know what I miss most?  My outdoor shower!

On December 14 I returned to Portland to live in my 3 bedroom condo with this little family.  I feel blessed to be able to enjoy the best of two worlds.  Watching these two little boys learn and grow is an amazingly fun project.  Jesse is used to running the household and is quite adamant about HIS way.  Right now, it works with me being the morning shift.  I bought a large coffee pot and set it up the night before so coffee is ready.  The boys are up between 7:30 and 9:00. They play a while then I fix breakfast.  Kate leaves about 9:15.  Most days I fill her mug with coffee and fix her an English muffin or toast to eat on the way.  She works four LONG days each week and rarely uses her 30 minutes to eat lunch ...



This morning, Christmas morning, we had to finally wake up Mr. Deacon at 10:30!!  It's not even noon yet and my ears are exhausted!  They've only opened a few gifts and their stockings so this may go on all day!  It's sunny and 38 with a roaring fire going.

Merry Christmas!!!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're enjoying this new chapter in your life. Looks like Christmas morning was very special for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they each got an age appropriate robot! Who knew a not quite 3 year old could figure out how to work one!

      Delete
  2. Loved hearing your version of Christmas. I enjoy it whenever you post photos of the boys. That last one looks like a Rockwell. :) PJs are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I don't bore everyone with photos! They are just so darned cute to me ....

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that you will enjoy your family for the next few years - good for you. I don't think I could live 365/24/7 with my family - a few hours at a time works for me!! Merry Christmas and Happy 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late last night Jesse sent me the sweetest text of thanks. I really do feel very welcome! Even though he doesn't let me do much except play with the boys.

      Delete
  4. I'm also glad you have a room to get away too when the hub-bub gets to noisy and tiring. Such fun with the "littles".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart melts when they say "watch me, Grandma ... watch me do this". A million times.

      It will be so different when Braeden is in school all day ....

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...