Saturday, December 3, 2016

BLOGWORTHY


Is it December?  Really?  

I have been lax in writing since Thanksgiving.  My friends from Seattle arrived on Tuesday.  They are long time visitors and very independent.  Usually they would hit the beach every day for a couple of hours and do a long bike ride, etc.  But Kihei has been rainy since they landed.

Fortunately for me, Lindee is an Energizer Bunny ... and so is John.  So since they were stuck at home ... my garage is organized AND clean.  The lanai has never looked so good ... he pounded all the "engineered" decking back into place so there are no more one inch gaps.  They have trimmed the potted plants.  I have beautiful natural bouquets artfully placed hither and yon.  

And I am trying to meet up with Maui friends before I move back to Oregon.  Oh yeh!  I've started my tiny bit of packing.  

The photo above is the front of a very touching card from Breakfast With God blogger, Leslie.  There are so many intellectual or teaching blogs on the internet, I'm surprised people take time to look at my ordinary life.  It is very flattering.  Thus it was even MORE flattering that she would think any of my topics are blogworthy!  

Her posts take reading and research and thinking.  She is a very Christian person and the title of her blog may be misleading a little.  So many different topics!  Stop over there and take a look!  She and her hubby moved from Maui for his job opportunities ... and she is trying to make a paying career from her writing and coaching skills.

Eleven more days til take off to Portland!

6 comments:

  1. Maui will miss you and you will miss Maui but I know you will enjoy your grandmother role on the mainland.

    What great friends you have visiting that do little jobs around the house. Wish they'd come visit me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said they have not been to Michigan ... they'd love to!!

      I feel so bad ... it has been cloudy since they arrived. Two rainy days.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to get some things around the house mended, even nicer if friends chip in and help. I know you will mis Maui, but I also know you're looking forward to seeing those boys. I bet they're looking forward to seeing you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only 9 more days! So this place should be in ship shape for my renter!

      Delete
  3. I remember when they last visited how they took your Honey-Do list and completed every task and more. Such nice friends to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to have friends visit who are able to contribute so much to help around the house. Hmm-m-m, but did you somehow arrange that rain???

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...