Sunday, October 9, 2022

IT'S COMING TO AN END

My town in Oregon has had the best, sunniest Summer and Fall ever.  We are still enjoying 55 at night and 80 during the day.  And the 80 seems so much cooler (tilt of the earth?).


My kidults are squeezing every bit out of summer.


All four of them enjoy fishing and since Kate has three days off during the week, the two of them go almost every day.


They are pro at catch and release, even though this is an edible size it won't feed all five of us!  It's a bass.

My sister's son had his first grandson at the beginning of September.  In Hong Kong (where she is from and where her parents live most of the time) which was an interesting journey with specific Covid testing 48 hours or sooner before boarding.  They had a snafu with their documentation and had to have Covid testing at the NYC airport (to the tune of $600).  When they planned their trip, Hong Kong was requiring 7 days of quarantine but when they arrived, they learned it had shortened to just three days.

Chinese tradition is a big celebration at the baby's one month birthday.  Red and gold, red envelopes with money, festive foods.  This is my brother-in-law holding his first little one.


I made this larger so you could see those booties!  He looks like a future King!  His full name is Solomon Zhao-Zhe (晁喆) Hadas!!  I looked up each of the Chinese words (and the symbols) and the symbols have so so many meanings, the best I got was morning and sage/wise.  The grandparents got to stay for ten days and just landed in NYC on Friday night.

Last but not least, my newest summer hat!

(I really should wear make up!)




2 comments:

  1. Love those booties and that hat! Kate looks so happy with her fish. She could keep it and freeze it until she has enough to feed the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks like a little King! The Willamette River (few blocks from here) isn't the cleanest water (often with warnings not to let your dog go in!!) so eating them doesn't sound appealing. Hopefully next season they will try better places. Or even shore fishing in the ocean. Great hobby!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...