Sunday, October 30, 2022

GOOGLE GURU

I love Google!  I think I’m going to try to learn one new thing about Google every week.  This search engine has so much capability.  Maybe someday I will be a Google Guru.

(Birthday boy with his Mom)

Sorry this post is so late in the day.  We all went to the Oregon Coastal town of Seaside for two nights and what fun we had.  Mr. B turned 12 on Friday so it was anything he wanted to do!  We left about 3pm Friday afternoon as Friday night is pizza and movie night … and he got to pick the movie, of course.  MAJOR traffic accident on the only straight way home and we were diverted into a rest area just 35 miles from home.

It was a trailer truck and a pick up truck and oil had spilled all over the highway.  It would be 4 - 6 HOURS before traffic could move again.  Luckily Kate uses the Waze app and she asked for directions home without using any highways.  It was a meandering beautiful fall drive with just a bit of fog.  

Every once in a while there was a home, or 2-3 to make a neighborhood and I always wonder where they work!  A heck of a drive even to a suburb of Portland.

We went through the tiny town of Vernonia and stopped to get water and a power bar but they had jacked the gasoline rate to almost $6/gallon so we made it home on fumes.  Picked up an already baked pizza (ordered an hour ahead of time!) And finally got home after 8pm.

While the boys played on devices in the car some of the time, we had GREAT conversations about any topic someone brought up and all of us chimed in.  Just delightful.  Yet exhausting.  Deacon and I shared a room but mostly we were in the bigger room (with a view of the ocean) (and a fireplace).  He loves to have his privacy and he is always building "tents" or "clubhouses" or "nests."

(D is under the table and B is on D's bed in my room)


Now .... I’m going to continue to sip my cold brew while I do a little more Google research for my NEXT blog!  Hopefully I'll write it before Saturday so it posts on time.  Such a slacker ....

2 comments:

  1. Count me as a fan of Google too.

    Some times detours are the bast part of a trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I am still at the Google for Dummies stage. I've stumbled onto some great tutorials and many articles. It might be a monthly series!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...