Thursday, May 28, 2020

PANDEMIC PROCRASTINATION

OK.  It was fun to be self indulgent with my new toys.  We also installed a new zippy fast modem.  Things now load 10x faster ... as if I have anything to do with all that new found time.

Macbeth, my new 16" laptop, is almost too big to be a laptop!  It works perfectly on my desk though.  Remember all those F1, F2, etc buttons on the top row of the keyboard?  No more!  It's an LED screen that changes with each program you use.  Still shortcuts but I don't have to memorize what F7 is!  I think they call it a touch bar and it is sure handy.

It has a fingerprint on/off switch!  My phone rings through the computer and sounds even better than my phone ... even tells me who is calling.  It allows me to put up a fake background on Zoom (instead of everyone looking at my shelves of basket drawers and hat collection on the wall.  I believe someone can just fasten it to my wheelchair and I'll be able to live to 121.

My friend Misadventures of Widowhood had a super great post today.  She expressed how sad she is feeling, almost to the point of being paralyzed into doing nothing.  But she is doing so much more than me.  I stay in my pj's several days a week.  So comfy and cozy ... one of my only physical pleasures these days.  I should be using this time to get into bikini shape, lose these extra 50 lbs, clean out every drawer and closet.  Yet I have not and I don't feel a bit guilty.

My brain is continuing to learn new things and coexist with this Covid19 world.  I'm still in the overly cautious stage despite our  town opening up to Phase I mode.  I've learned how to get groceries delivered and am in love with Amazon Fresh.   They sell other things in addition to Whole Foods products.

Blogging will probably continue to be just two days a week .... and one day may just be images.


8 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by you. I always learn something new like this time. I didn't know I have an Amazon Fresh in my town. I should have, they have their own delivery trucks for packages I order online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I discovered. And now it can be SAME day delivery!

      Delete
  2. So glad you're enjoying your new toys. Don't you love technology... most of the time? What did we do without it?

    We have ordered groceries online, but I haven't tried Amazon Fresh yet. I will check it out. Anything that helps us get through this thing with as little exposure as possible is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delivery driver wears gloves and mask. They've had this in NYC for quite a while so the kinks were worked out before it got to Oregon. Even WINE and BEER!

      Delete
  3. Ten times faster really got my attention. I really need to upgrade. So much of my time is spent waiting while looking at a non-changing screen. Think you talked me into it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is Motorola Arris Surfboard SB 8200 Sometimes your modem can be upgraded online ... if you want to try that first (firmware installed). But if it is older than five years, get a new one! Totally worth it, in my opinion

      Delete
  4. Wow, great computer/modem you have!! I like being able to answer the phone through it. I'm assuming when you are out and about (when you go back out and about) your cell phone will then ring? (I'm not tech savvy LOL).

    When I'm shopping at Wal-Mart I see lots of the employees picking things for those shopping online. Looks like a fun job if one was young and mobile, LOL. Shopping for someone else could be fun (maybe). Online shopping I think will be a thing that continues to grow in the days ahead.

    Any wine themed memes are fine with me.

    Enjoy this quiet downtime. Good time to just rest and do what you want to do when you want to do it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cell phone rings same time computer is telling me I have a call from Betty Wooten! I actually can hear better on the computer.

      After second cataract is removed, I might even see better!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...