Tuesday, May 29, 2018

SUMMER LOVE

I've been shirking my blogging duties.  


A dear long term friend is in assisted living unable to get out of bed without help.  Radiation every day.  I am planning a birthday party for her....as it may be her last.  Seventy four and has never had a birthday party!


I was visiting her once a week but radiation was hitting her hard.  She stopped taking (or making) phone calls and no longer has the energy to even text.  Besides radiation every weekday, she also has 100 medical appointments a day.  I finally got in touch with her daughter (now my hair stylist)(who of course is drowning in things related to her Mom) and she suggested I go at 9am on Thurs.

My chauffeuring duties have kicked up a notch now that summer (and the Garden) are here.  School will be out in just 9 days.  We got Jesse a 4 man rubber raft for Father's Day and birthday but in the meantime ....


The condo has been taking a bit of time as well.  The front door has been replaced but now the deadbolt isn't working.  I am adding a security screen door as the invisible screen door is impossible for little boys to manage.  

The bathroom that I share needs to be demolished and rebuilt from the floor up!  Little boys are splashy and messy and the floor and baseboard are a mess.  FINALLY found a contractor who needs the work and is coming today at 4pm.  One guy never returned my call (son of my favorite neighbors!) and one guy is coming to do a walk thru in late July but cannot start until next year!

We have had 15 new owners move into our complex in the past 16 months .... so a Board member and I are organizing a get together for all the ladies in the complex. (We only have about 5 gents and when they come, the whole dynamic changes).

On top of this .... Jesse turns 35 and I am planning a SURPRISE party for him as well!  Fortunately for me, a friend has started a party planning business and she is doing everything!  An outdoorsy/camo Camp Dad theme with lots of carnivore finger foods and individual cherry cheese cakes for dessert.

The pool has opened and I've taken the boys every day.  And me, myself and I for a hot tub last night.

More when I have a moment!  I'm sitting at the Honda dealer having a 4 hour recall job done ....

P.S. My sister is arriving in late June and we are having a week of sister time.  We are going to make it an annual tradition!

4 comments:

  1. Boy, you've got a busy summer lining up. Love that Jesse is having a party for himself. Who is getting surprised?

    We need more people in the skilled trades in this country. Your problem finding contracts is not unique anywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza! You are busy. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are a busy woman. Get some rest and take breaks for yourself or you may expire before summer is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what are you doing in your spare time? You certainly don’t have time to get bored. Glad you have things to keep you out of trouble. Am just catching up here as took a break from blogging.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...