Thursday, April 12, 2018

AN AWKWARD DAY OF DOING NOTHING

Today was squandered.

I got up late and lingered longer over coffee.  Two cups, in fact.  Read a bit of news.  Checked email.  Read my favorite blogs.  Answered an email "interview" from a high school Senior on the Vietnam War (boy did that take me back in time).

Kate sent a text at 2:00 am saying she was barfing and not going in to work today.  Deacon had waked up at 4:00 am with a fever so slept the rest of the night (two hours) with Dad.  So most of the day here was pretty quiet.

No, I have not finished my taxes.  Everything is now in one place and half of it has been input into TurboTax.  But I did not touch them at all today.

 (Baby Braeden 2010)

Braeden gets to do a timeline of his life (seven whole years!) and I spent the whole day going through old photos.  Watching sweet videos of him with his Poppa.  Relived all the wonderful memories of Mr. Ralph and his projects ... the big house.  The condo.  The Maui cottage.  His remarkable work will last a lifetime.  All the trips I got to travel with him.  I have so many older photos to scan and make into albums.  And it's time to print another photo book for the boys.  They love looking at the "olden days" when they were babies.  Boy does that time go quickly!

(New brother, Deacon 2014)

I guess I wasn't doing nothing all day.  I took a long trip down Memory Lane.

4 comments:

  1. Memory Lane is always a good way to spend a day...but if I did that three days before taxes are do I'd have a nervous breakdown. LOL I worry too much! I love that you do memory books for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys just love looking their OWN books. And ask to hear the story behind it. I was laughing so much while browsing, that Jesse had to come over and have me replay. Such cute kids!

      Delete
  2. Sorry Kate and Deacon were under the weather. Hope they feel better soon.

    Those boys are so precious. Oh my... that photo of baby Braeden. And Braeden kissing newborn Deacon. I can't stand how fast my grands are growing up. Swoosh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All children are precious! Sweet, kind and brutally honest!

      Thanks for get well wishes ... better today but not 100%

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...