Tuesday, December 19, 2017

HURRY UP! And wait ....

A friend of mine here at the condos recently retired (Oct).  Now she is doing small consulting jobs and had to buy her first computer.  Thankfully, she got an Apple so I can help her if she needs it.

Unfortunately, hers is using the most up-to-date operating system as well as the latest software.  When I would look at her screen everything was just a bit different than mine.  So I finally bit the bullet and updated mine.  I skipped the last three operating system because it's irritating to have to learn new things just to do something you already knew how to do.

First of all ... it took almost an HOUR to load and install High Sierra.  I did got a lot of Christmas wrapping done.  Then I had to delete my Pages and Numbers software and install the newest versions (no charge any more for updates!)

For the past two afternoons we have met in our little library where she had great practical questions ... and I figured out HOW to do the things she wanted.  Then we work on the 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle that actually has 5 million pieces, each the size of a dime, and half of the perimeter pieces are missing.  Well ... that's OUR story.  We really have two 1,000 piece puzzles going.  It's great to chat and puzzle and put the mind in park for a while.

I went to my photo library to do Wordless Wednesday ... but IT has to update as well!  So far, nothing has changed in Blogger!

1 comment:

  1. Windows keeps trying to upgrade my computer, too, and I keep clicking, "remind me in three days." They always try to take Foxfire away from me and replace it with Edge and I have to manually reset it when they do. Why can't they just quit changing things!!!!!!

    I love puzzles.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...