Monday, May 9, 2016

WINE and WHINE

Boo hoo.  My whirlwind weeklong guests had to leave today.


Despite me not being a bottle of wine, I think they had a GREAT time.  And I will welcome them back.

My gosh did they keep themselves busy!  A three island helicopter ride.  The BEST luau on the island.  Molokini snorkel.  Day in Honolulu. Many beautiful sunsets.  Plus she had online classes and homework.  He did a bit of work also.  Plus a yin/yang gecko tattoo on their calves.

Unfortunately for my new Weight Watcher self, we imbibed in Scotch (to commemorate Mr. Ralph's departure ... Kerry worked with him for 20+ years).  We talked and laughed and cried about our memories of him.  

Both Lisa and Kerry are foodies.  We went to dinner together most nights but breakfast and lunch I sent them on their own.  Honestly, I did try to eat less but I was so bad, I skipped my WW meeting on Thursday morning.  Oh ... and the leftovers!  I had a few bites today and tossed everything into the trash and pushed it to the curb.

Tomorrow, I'll go produce shopping.  My condo buddy sent me the perfect birthday gift.


She kept the other one so now we can have wine and whine via phone.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time with your company. You are so strong to throw yummy leftovers in the trash. You'll be back on the WW wagon in no time.

    I've never seen a wine glass like that. So cool! I wish I had an ice cream dis like that. I guess I could use a measuring cup to keep me from cheating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wine glass is LOVELY! High quality and no one would ever notice the swirls mean anything. No numbers on the glass anywhere. Love it!

      Let's get them to make ice cream dishes! It will just be so TINY!

      Delete
  2. WOW! It all sounds crazy and hectic and oh, soooooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most fun of all ... I didn't feel obligated. I hope they didn't think I was antisocial ... I was the first to bed and the last to get up! I told them my schedule before they came.

      Next guest is my 40+ hair stylist from Portland. I wish she could find a friend to come with her!

      Delete
  3. Your guests really did keep busy. You will never lack for company as long as you live there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I really have that much company! These kids were great as it was their first visit and a honeymoon celebration. I merely provided a bed and a shower ... and wifi! So far, I've not had any high maintenance visitors.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...