Sunday, April 10, 2016

STRANGER FRIENDS

Isn't technology a great asset to meeting new friends?


Many years ago we met a young lady at a wine tasting and we have remained friends on Facebook.  When I lived in Oregon, we would meet about once a year.   She lives about 40 miles from me, so we would meet in the middle.  More often than not, since her town was so small, she'd come to Portland for retail therapy or culture, so we'd meet closer to my house.  Sometimes she would bring Morgan (her daughter who was maybe 7-8)(now driving .... I don't know how that is possible!!)  They got to know Mr. Ralph as well.  They did come to visit me in Maui but they all had the flu so we did not get together!

Wasn't it just last year that a young friend of Mr. Ralph's (whom we had never met in person) brought his new wife to Maui for a speedy Valentine's weekend?  So fun!

This week a young woman who once commented on this blog, is coming to Maui and we are going to get together.  She and her hubby visit Maui almost every year and are dreaming of retiring here.  From Tennessee!  I hope we get to spend a few hours together.  I love being a resident information sharer!  And I have friends here who remain even though their children move to the mainland, their husbands have died ...  and they are approaching old age (which is always 20 years older than me ....).


In May another young couple will be spending a week here at Kawailani Circle.  He worked for Mr. Ralph's company for many, many years.  Despite the 25 year age difference, we always manage to find something in common.  Lisa and Kerry remain connected to me via Facebook and I was flattered that they would want to spend their anniversary with me!

Living in Paradise may be conducive to having friends as well.  Who wouldn't want to come visit?








6 comments:

  1. Living in Maui is a great motivator for people to visit. Time is so limited for most of us that when you can combine a visit with a once-in-a-lifetime holiday destination, that brings great benefits for someone like you who enjoys entertaining. Social media sure is good for keeping up with what other are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big issue for my extended family is distance and time. Only my sister has gone through the torture. Four brothers? I think not ever!

      Delete
  2. Paradise helps, but it's you they come to visit if they have time. You have the Aloha spirit, and can give a tourist a resident's experience. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I have never MET these new friends! Technology is just amazing.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Flo. it's YOU they want to see, of course they are probably glad you live in Hawaii. LOL As for me, I wouldn't/couldn't make that long an airplane flight for the Lord Himself!!! He'll just have to come find me here.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...