Tuesday, March 29, 2016

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

I must provide a new caveat for The Awkward Widow site.


In recent weeks I've had some lewd "comments" posted on this blog.  Who has time to do this nonsense?  If you have gross sexual links to share, I'm sure there is a group or blog just for you and yours.

So I have set my page to allow me to review ANY and ALL comments before they are published.  Sorry to have to do this but I'd hate any of my readers to have to be exposed to such depravity.

EVERYONE should do this!  And it's very easy to do.  Thanks to my blogger friends who shared this control with me!






9 comments:

  1. It won't stop those kinds of comments but it will slow them down. I seriously doubt these people even read what we write or care, they just go nilly-willy around the blog community and on message boards hoping they get some views before their posts get pulled down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It will STOP them since I have to "approve" a comment before it will be published! I win!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean didn't see your question mark after your first comment, so she mis-read that. No one will see their comment until you okay it. NO one can find my blog in an internet search, that's how I got rid of them. However, at this age, I'd like a sexy, depraved comment once in awhile. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, Judy. I deleted the other comments so as not to confuse myself!!! So how do people find your blog?

      Delete
  5. Very interesting. I've never had lewd comments on my blog, but I've gotten a couple of nasty comments over the years. Not too bad or too often. I'm glad you've remedied the situation. There are jerks everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella, I think it makes a difference how one titles their blog posts. I've learned to be careful using the word 'sex' in a title. My internet dating series still occasionally gets "weird" comments.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...