Tuesday, January 19, 2016

F-TROOP

This morning I hosted a coffee, conversation and COLORING morning on the back lanai.  The Merry Widows were invited and six of us had time this morning.  Although we all had our coloring pencils and some brought sheets with intricate designs, only one colored.  We mostly just chatted.  (This coloring thing just started among some of these ladies ... Christmas.)

Widowhood was never even mentioned.  I suggested we change the name of our group to include other single ladies.  The idea of changing it up a bit was widely accepted.  Many years ago there was a group of old guys who met every morning at 7:00 am at a local coffee house.  They were always arguing and getting each other riled up.  I finally got up the nerve to see how they were acquainted (and why they would subject themselves to starting their day getting mad).  They said they were all widowers and just met at the coffee shop.  They named their club the SNOBs....Senile Negative Old Bastards.  And it got out all their ranting and raving at the world before their started their day.  PERFECT

Although none of us ladies are senile (yet), negative (hope to never be), old (it's all relative) and we would have to change it to Bitches.  Which we are not.  We giggled a lot and all went home to put on our thinking caps (or our drinking caps!).

I have come up with the F-Troop ... 

Fabulous     
Fantastic     
Feminine     
First rate

Fifty+ 
Feisty
Free
Fun
Fanciful

Stay tuned!


13 comments:

  1. Coloring for adults sure has caught on all over for a fad.

    That's a funny story about the SNOB's.

    Do you remember the movie and TV series, the F-Troop? It was pretty popular in the '60s and guys will remember it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And that's why I thought of it ... just silly. I have not yet done any coloring. But Nancy has a small calendar with a picture each day ... so it was on her lap the whole morning! Maybe a 5x5. She got it done!

      Delete
  2. The big hit of the morning? My sister's gluten free almond flour scones. Warm from the oven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. So easy! Almond flour, yogurt, honey, baking soda, raisins and nuts. Mixes together in five minutes! Bake for 20

      Delete
  4. I'm not one to stay within the lines, so I best not attempt the new fad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those patterns are very intricate! I'm going to try a small one and see what I think! But I never liked paint by number so ....

      Delete
  5. Those adult coloring books are all the rage. I got one for my granddaughter for Christmas, and my DIL got her the exact same one. Funny.

    I wish I could find a little group like that. It sounds like a lot of fun.

    The scones sound delish. I had one last night for dessert, but it was not GF. It was from Panera Bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda helped start this little group! My neighbor friend Nancy knew the other widows and she came up with the name. I'm usually the instigator of get togethers ... but more ladies are now stepping up! So fun. Once a month is just right ... and lots of us get together in between, one on one.

      Delete
  6. Great name. Isn't amazing how widowhood ceases to be the subject after awhile?! I love F-Troop. "F" for first-rate.

    Such a funny story about SNOB. OMG. I pity their dearly departed spouses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SNOBs were a funny little group. So real. So down to earth! F-Troop here we come!

      Delete
  7. A group of us retired teachers get together for lunch once a month. We call ourselves, The Ladies Who Lunch (because we can). We never got to have much of a lunch while teaching, and we said that when we retired we would become like those ladies who lunch. (and do it all afternoon)

    I have a widowed friend who has a Merry Widows group. It has grown from 4 to over 20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that name! Ladies Who Lunch! We actually have another lady who is planning an event for February! So exciting.

      How did you find my blog????

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...