Sunday, January 23, 2022

TEN MORE THINGS ABOUT ME

I was a Nanny for two years.

I love reading cookbooks and recipes.

I was the only child of six who was breast fed.  Almost died of pneumonia at six weeks old.

People thought I was an Albino when I was a youngster.


I was generously let go while on maternity leave for complaining about sexual harassment.  

I maintained a 94 GPA throughout high school.

I played with Barbie et al even into high school.  Then I still played under the guise of playing with my younger sister.

My first airplane ride was in my senior year of high school.  Eighteen minute flight from Columbus to Toledo to visit my boyfriend's family (with my girl friend who was dating his best friend).


I learned to ski in Ohio and conquered the medium slopes.  When I went to Lake Tahoe to ski, I could barely do the bunny slope.

I love pepperoni and mushroom pizza.















4 comments:

  1. Wow, you were quite the Platinum Blonde little one, weren't you! Did it darken with Age? So many Kid Blondes don't end up Blondes by Adulthood. I had one Kiddo who had Blonde Hair in Pre-School, her Hair got very Dark later in Life tho', I was told I had Blonde Hair as a very small Child. Since my Dad was Native American and my Mom Welsh Gypsy they both had Blue Black Hair and so did my Brother... so I remember assuming I was Adopted for a very long time... turns out I wasn't, just a recessive gene way back in the Family on my Mom's side where someone several Generations back had Ginger Hair. Interesting how much more many of our Blog Community know about us than perhaps people who've known us in Real Life for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed blond (every patch of hair!) until I let it go grey. Did the foil blond treatment in between. 3 of us are blond!!! I agree I share more on blog than in person!!! Better friends? No one I know that you would gossip to??

      Delete
  2. Wow, your hair is truly Blonde! I grew up with a lot of Dutch blondes that we called toe-heads for some reason, not a insult. They called their selves that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got called Tow Head a lot ... and thought people meant I looked like a Big Toe! (It's really Tow Head which is a kind of light flax). So embarrassing. I blushed so deeply that people thought my face would catch fire!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...