Sunday, January 2, 2022

BONKED BY THE BOOSTER

I got my Covid booster on Thursday afternoon.


On Friday I had a HUGE headache, a big hard lump at the injection site and mostly slept the day away. I did enjoy a slice or two of Kate's fabulous homemade pizza and a salad, then back to sleep at 9:00 pm until 10:00 am.  My split of Prosecco is still in my fridge.

Saturday the headache is gone and the injection area is beginning to itch.  Still extremely tired but you know how much I love my new bed and sleeping is my great hobby.  Should be even better by the time you read this.

Let's beat this Omicron as soon as possible.  I'm now wearing N95 masks IF I go indoors with others.  I'll probably always wear a mask because I feel healthier not breathing in germs.  Many countries do this so why not us!?  

Luckily I have roommates who will do the shopping.  After my injection at Safeway, I did a bit of grocery shopping.  I was shocked at how empty the shelves were and how much prices have increased.  Little guy loves Jimmy Dean sausage links.  They have gone from $3.99 (Walmart) to $8.99 (Safeway).  Cereal is $4.50 a box.  I guess we will order non perishables from Walmart then pick up curbside.

Stay safe, connected with people, happy and healthy!  Happiest of New Years to you!!


 

6 comments:

  1. The cost of food and occasional shortages is just as scary as the idea of catching the virus. Sorry you had such a bad reaction to the booster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still worth it but caught me by surprise! Sunday morning and the lump is going down but still itchy. I'm such a whiner!

      Delete
  2. I had a similar reaction. Worth it in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the Booster worked for you then if your Body had some reaction, which is a good thing, even if it was a mild nuisance, better than what COVID would do to any of us, right? My Teen Grandchild I'm Raising is getting her Booster on the 11th, she had more reaction to her first Two than The Man or I, since she has significant reactions to most things with her compromised immune system, so we're Hopeful she doesn't feel too crappy afterwards and misses too much School. Getting the Booster now is more complicated, it was easy when The Man and I first qualified for it, now it seems they're backing up with people needing/wanting it significantly. Glad we got ours when it wasn't a dog and pony show to get in for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it works. I am isolating as much as possible for the next month or two. It took me a month to get an appt. Usually when I checked in the evening, everything close to me was booked.

      Today I am back to normal (some itchiness). Celebrated by cleaning out the fridge and making cookies!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...