Sunday, June 27, 2021

HOT HOT HOT

 


Oregon is usually a moderate weather area.  Not too hot and rarely too cold.  Until climate change really showed it's ugly results ... ten years ago or so.  Remember when I returned from Maui in December 2016 and was iced in at the PDX airport and slept (?) on the floor?

Forecasters are saying THREE triple digit days in a row and the week after in the high 90's.  Luckily we have portable air conditioners in each room.  We do get a few triple digit days most summers but rarely in June!  Our condo is on the ground floor so it stays cooler than most but we get the afternoon sun.




Our pool is not open and our City has not turned on our water/splash features because of Covid.  Dad takes the boys to the river (with life jackets and inner tubes) almost every day which they just love.  I keep my room at 72 during the day, 66 at night.  Totally spoiled, yes?



I remember wearing sweat shirts on the 4th of July!  Bundling young Kate in a blanket as well.  The above png is for July 2021.  Oh my goodness!  It does cool off at night, though.  

Thank goodness our pool IS opening on 4th.  (I should be in bikini shape by then if I start tomorrow!!!)





2 comments:

  1. I've only had my A/C on once this year, the day the serviceman came to inspect it. I did have the furnace on several times this past week though, just weird weather all over the place! When I do use my A/C I set it at 77 because then when you have to go out in hotter outside temperatures you can handle it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday reached 112 and today supposedly 114. Outdoor pools have closed. Some restaurants. Food carts. Boys played with water on large covered patio then swimming in the river.

      We aim for 75 degrees and 67 at night. Each room has a movable a/c that vents out a window, so only cool the room we are in.

      Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...