Sunday, April 18, 2021

SECOND DOSE DONE

Oregon is having a week or two of summer!  From high of 50's to high of 80+.  I'd like a month of 70, one of 75, one of 80 and IF we have to, a bit higher (hope the pool gets opened this year!). But I'll take what I get.


I got my second dose of Pfizer vax Saturday afternoon about 1pm.  It's 5pm and nothing so far.  While waiting my 30 minutes after injection, a person in a car three spaces ahead of me had a reaction.  Several workers and nurses rushed over and then the emergency van arrived.  Someone left in the ambulance.  Scary.

The boys continue to do online learning but when the March report arrived, turns out the little guy was NOT doing school work ... instead he was playing the Roblox video game.  He logged in just 12 hours the whole month.  Needless to say, he had Roblox taken away for a week and now he either comes in with me or does school in the living room but screen must be visible.


He's in First Grade but is already finishing 2nd grade math and is in 3rd grade social studies and science.  Smart as a whip and it comes easy for him.  Then we have 4th grade Braeden who put in 40 hours (week off for Spring break) and did Science only one week and moved up to 5th grade.  Did only Social Studies for another week and finished up his 4th grade work.

Taken from the Grandma chair.  Deacon is furthest and notice how his blanket covers most of his screen?  Now he has to sit in the Grandma chair as the hallway is behind it ... lots of foot (and eye) traffic



I think it works way better to let kids choose their own interests, as long as they do the minimum of each subject.  We're going back to public school in September (hopefully) and it will be interesting.  Deacon cannot sit still more than 10 minutes and prefers background music.  We may have one at home and sign him up for social activities and sports.  Braeden will do just grade level unless he gets lots of encouragement.  He doesn't want to do ANY team sports ... golf or swimming for him.

Except for sharing the bathroom, this intergenerational living is still going well.


2 comments:

  1. It's a whole new world for kids going to school virtually. And for parents and grandparents who have to oversee what they are doing. I don't think I'd be up to the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting monitoring virtual learning I see.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...