Sunday, January 19, 2020

OH MY GOSH, Internet Provider!!! REALLY?

We have access to just two internet providers.  Xfinity and Century Link.  I've always used Comcast (now Xfinity)  and the bill just continues to go higher and higher.  (Many neighbors have switched to Century Link but switched right back after a few months.  Unreliable and weak service)

We've cut out television but upgraded our internet as on occasion, all five of us are using the internet at the same time.  Even with JUST internet, it's $150 a month!

Last week when I pulled into my home parking space, Kate came quickly over to say Comcast wants to talk to you about lowering our bill.  R I G H T, I think to myself.  On a cold rainy night in the dark, an employee is going door to door to lower my cost?

Believe it or not, after checking his ID to be sure he was truly an Xfinity employee, we spent 20 minutes and by the time he left, I had confirmation email that my monthly bill is now $100 and it includes an internet phone so we have a "land" line!  Now to find an easy-to-use phone and where to put it.

They provided a combo modem/router but I need to make sure I'm not paying to "rent" that.  We have one.


4 comments:

  1. I hate dealing with the internet service. We only have one choice here and they are reliable but SO expensive. $202 a month for internet, phone and TV bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you that they actually wanted to lower your bill! Its outrageous what they charge! We at one time had cable, a landline (I needed it for work at the time) and Internet and was paying over $200 a month. Now just with Internet as we dumped cable close to 2 years ago, it is just at $100 a month. We keep thinking of changing to Century Link but here the same thing here that their service is not that reliable. They get you coming and going, don't they?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earlier last year when my internet bill from Xfinity went over $100 a month, I called them and they lowered it for a year to less than $100 with fees. I'll need to check the cost once the year is up to see if it's back to over $100 again. It's so sad that they take advantage of people with their high prices and that we don't have more choices for internet access.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Comcast too--$134.00 total bill for phone, internet, cable. The minute they raise it, I call and usually get it back down. They took off one of my favorite channels, TMC and didn't credit my bill for that, so I gave them a hard time--because if I added a channel, I'd have to pay more. I hate them and love them because I get such great service here.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...