Sunday, March 18, 2018

THE IMP TURNS FOUR

I really can't believe Deacon is four years old!  It seems like just last year.

He asked for a SWAT Team birthday party theme.  The parents came through with flying colors.


Mr. Dad baked the cake!  It was a fire engine mold from last year but he made it look like the SWAT truck. (Sorry, not a good photo)


Ms Mom made the pinata out of old Amazon boxes. She decorated the tables with light blue plastic tablecloths with a length of "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" caution tape on top.

The Fireside Room has a door to the community library so she hung black streamers in the door with a JAIL sign above.

The goodie bags had handcuffs, disguises, pretend magnifying glasses ... everything a SWAT detective would need.

There were two little boys and their mom, Jesse's Mom, her boyfriend and Jesse's brother ... and the five of us.  JUST right for a four year old.  They played pin the badge on the police officer but mostly just ran around, chasing each other and the balloons, eating pizza and having fun.


The cake was delicious ... and the black went away pretty quickly.


He was a tired out little guy after the three hour party.  Took a bath then just wanted to lay in front of "the campfire" (wall heater) and relax.

Yesterday, the boys went to a church carnival in honor of St. Patrick!





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He has fun doing anything and everything. Four is a great age!

      Delete
  2. Oh, how cute is all of this, especially the birthday boy. I cannot believe he's 4 already. Dad did a great job on the cake and Mom did great on the piñata. I bet the kids loved it. I want to be 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amazing how much time and effort the working parents put in for his birthday theme!!! I just envy you being there to see it all. I miss my littler ones.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...