Wednesday, February 21, 2018

AWKWARD ADVANTAGE

February 21.  No school today due to SNOW!  Not much but Lake Oswego roads are very hilly as well as very curvy with 900 ft elevation, so we always get some.

The condo has a lower elevation so we get way less than the old homestead.



I have a wicked coughing cold and am sitting in the living room watching the bright sun melt the snow off branches.  Today is Kate's day off so they were out and about playing in the snow by 10:00 am.  It's about 1:00 pm and both boys have fallen asleep.  Because we were all awakened at 3:30 am by our upstairs neighbor.  He usually thumps around about that time but just for an hour or less.  I feel like I hear him fall every night.

Because since he moved here in September, he has fallen and broken his left wrist.  "Tripped" over something.  Last week an ambulance came as he "tripped" and broke his right ankle.  Before he moved here he had three other "trips" within two years.  Maybe it is something other than tripping?  I think so.

Kate made a run to Starbucks to buy us brunch!  Cold brewed coffee and an egg mcmuffin type sandwich.  With an afghan on my lap and still in my jammies ... I'm just enjoying the wonderful advantage I have living here with my people. 

Braeden is starting to enjoy reading rather than feeling like it was punishment.  Deacon astounds me with his vocabulary (Gramma, I have a situation in here).  The kidults are very indulgent.  As I am with them. 


2 comments:

  1. Your family sure has had their share of illness this winter. Take care of that cold! They've been nasty this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one DISadvantage of living with kids ... all the germs. This is my third cold since November!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...