Thursday, June 23, 2016

ALONE AGAIN, NATURALLY

My house guest departed yesterday. 

She was a pleasant and helpful and had lots of friends to go visit, so really I was just a "B" instead of a "B&B".  Lucky she has friends who live on the right side of the tracks!  The Fairmont Hotel with a cabana!  I would drop her off at 10am and she would take an Uber home.


It was super easy as I head to my room around 9pm and read and watch Netflix.  Wake up time is 8am and she would already have the coffee brewing!


We had the best of intentions on eating healthy yet ended up eating out every day!  Every meal out provided one (or two) meal at home.  Mostly we had coffee and a banana for breakfast.

Despite it being a very low maintenance visit, it was still nice to let my ears rest for the next 24 hours.

Tonight and tomorrow I have something interesting to do ... can't say what as it involved my sister's CUSTOM birthday gift!  

Missed you guys!

7 comments:

  1. "Wake up time is 8am." Oh, how I wish I could say that. I woke at 4:30am this morning. Not great, but better than 3:30am, which I do occasionally. Truth is, I sleep better now than I have in the past. It doesn't happen as often.

    Glad your visitor was easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy peasy! That is my criteria for house guests!

      And I love my ability to sleep. I love it and try for 9 hours a day!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nice visit. I hope your sister likes her gift. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good visit ... my sis is going to be so AMAZED! I'm amazed! Will post soon!

      Delete
  3. You should open up a B&B. You're social enough to enjoy that life style and you sure live in the right place for it! Are there a lot of regulations there regarding B&B's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B+B's are VERY restricted here. It took my friend, Auntie Kali's Cottage almost EIGHT YEARS to get a license. Somehow Air BnB is going strong although we are not allowed to "rent" our homes for less than six months. Not even a house swap!! I have a friend who does that every year ... and goes for a month. They've been every where!

      Delete
  4. When I was in Hawaii last year they were banning BnB's. Maybe even AirBnB's, in favor of the commercial interests of the hotels. Has that gotten ironed out?

    It's probably nice to invite your guests, then nice to see them go. Although this guest sounded like a super house guest. Did she clean up after herself, too? I hate the loads of laundry when guest leave...

    Hah! I believe I have a clue what this custom gift for your sister is...

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...