Thursday, September 3, 2020

SEPTEMBER MUSINGS

First and most exciting is my eyes are doing great!  I can see about 20/50 without any glasses.  I will be getting bifocals for driving.  And I already have reading glasses and computer glasses.  The biggest issue is dry eyes.  Must add lubricant drops 4x day as well as a moist heat treatment twice a day.  And a shmear of gel on eyelashes at night.


No make up until tomorrow!  
Thinking of keeping the long scraggly thin grey hair and tossing it up in a bun!





With the reading glasses.  Foster Grants from the local drugstore!

More good news ... eating low(er) carb is working (2 weeks, so far) and the whole family is helping.  Which makes it so much easier as they do most of the cooking.  I bought myself some carb friendly items for quick snack or light lunch.  While we do not have a scale in this place, my clothes are feeling more loose.

I aim for the smaller amount in each category since I'd like to lose weight.  And I usually can get by with just one snack ... so I can have my glass of wine.

My weakness is savory and crunchy .... besides popcorn ... do you have any good substitutions for potato chips??
















8 comments:

  1. So happy for you that your eye situation is FINALLY ironing out. It's been a long haul for you.

    The pandemic is doing good things for our collective obsession with our hair. No one really cares anymore about keeping up with your neighbors. I wish mine was long enough for a bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to have scar tissue zapped from first surgery and THEN I should be done except getting fitted for specs.

      Long natural hair sure saves money. It's not quite long enough for that top knot, but I can tie it back on my neck just fine. My poor hair stylist .... she has practically no business.

      Delete
  2. Great news about your eyes! And also great news about the healthy eating causing a slimming effect. No clue of a substitute for potato chips. I just can't have them in the house. Too tempting. Pretzels?

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are NOT many chip-type snacks that are low carb. Pretzels are worse that chips! Popcorn is pretty good! Mary's Gone Crackers are 1 carb per crack (VERY low). Potato chips are 12 gr carb for one cup. I've been measuring ...

      Delete
  3. Probaby fine you have no scale If nothing else, your clothes should tell the story. Unfortunatey I have no substitute for potato chips or double stuffed oreos. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I have never had a sweet tooth. Crunchy carb tooth. Even as a child, the Easter Bunny would give me lunch size bags of chips!

      Delete
  4. I eat the Bold Chex Mix with peanuts for a snack. I have no idea if it carb loaded or not. It has Garlic chips so it is very savory and crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chex Mix (home made is the best, of course). One half cup (and who can eat that little?) are 23 grams of carbs!!!!

    Slowly but surely ... it took me 20 years to gain it, I'll be happy losing it in one year.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...