Sunday, December 22, 2019

NAVIGATING A NEW WLLO PHONE NUMBER

Way back when WLLO was forming, the Chair was far sighted enough to start using Google Voice.  Her adult daughter set it up and WLLO was off!  As I've mentioned before, callers haven't a clue that when they call the "office" that I get an email on my laptop in my home as I'm sipping coffee in my pjs.
The greeting on the phone is way outdated and I have been asking the Chair to have her daughter re-record (and make it briefer).  The daughter is busy going to school full time and raising two small children.  The Chair is equally as busy babysitting said children three days a week and devoting 40+ hours to WLLO and who knows how many hours with her church.

Needless to say, the recording has not been updated.  Noreen (2nd in command) and I approached our technology team and after much research, we have to get an entirely new phone number.  The old number cannot "forward" calls for more than a month.  The password to the old number has been lost and the number is tied to the Chair's daughter's cell phone.



Lots of emailing back and forth and finally, at Tuesday's WLLO Council meeting, I asked WHEN we were going to transition.  Membership Team has the most work ... notifying all members, getting new business cards, making new ID badges, reprinting new member packets, etc.  No one volunteered to coordinate this process so I asked Membership to take the lead .... and I volunteered to help.  She agreed!

I made a list of things I could think that had to be done.  I put it on our shared drive so ALL Council members can view and comment.  Membership leader said she would have a timeline for us at the beginning of the week.  It would be GREAT to start at the first of the year but I'm thinking more like the first of February.

The list so far:


Call members
Mail new business cards to members
Email members
Email volunteers

Re-do member information packets
Change our volunteer handbook 
Notify our County contact 
Change our banner, our tablecloth and vertical banner. 

Fix brochures
Change website
Change Facebook
Change newsletter
Notify Villages NW
Notify all Villages
Notify Pamplin media


And look!  I didn't volunteer!  Will assist if needed!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to be busy. Too bad I'm not in your WILLO group. Half the stuff on that list sounds fun to me. I love resigning stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be good when it is accomplished. I'm sure we will miss something!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lot of work! Glad you are assisting if needed and didn't volunteer!! It does look complicated but it looks like it will all come together once the work starts to be done.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I was there. I love doing those kinds of things--making a new brochure, getting the business cards done..anything that is office oriented and organizing is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...