Tuesday, November 13, 2018

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE BIPOLAR NARCISSIST


You just gotta love Facebook.  If someone disagrees with your take on things, just call them names!  That'll show them!!  While I have not done a scientific study, it seems to me that the people DOING the name calling are often describing themselves.

Yesterday I was called ALL three of these things ... all from the same person.  Although this time, NOT on Facebook!

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE
Some common signs of passive-aggressive behavior include:
  • bitterness and hostility toward other peoples’ requests
  • intentionally delaying or making mistakes when dealing with other peoples’ requests
  • having a cynical, pessimistic, or aggressive demeanor
  • frequently complaining about feeling under-appreciated or deceived
  • Science does not yet call this a mental condition although it seems to go hand in hand with some illnesses.

BI POLAR
Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.  Most of the time people just throw out this term when your mood is opposite to theirs.  If I'm having a good day and  Susie's day started off wrong the moment she got out of bed, I'm bipolar.  Since I've been on the wrong side of the bed before, I think today I am just lucky!

For people who have had this illness diagnosed, it seems like antidepressant medication can keep it under control.  The trouble with this disease is often people stop taking their medicine because they "feel better”.

NARCISSISTIC
Some signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder
  • Sense of self-importance. ...
  • Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur. ...
  • Needs constant praise and admiration. ...
  • Sense of entitlement. ...
  • Exploits others without guilt or shame. ...
  • Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others.
I just happen to think the person who called me all of these, is going through an EXTRA unhappy phase (think Eeyore)  Said person can complain about a sunny day!

HAPPINESS
It may seem hard to believe, but I think there is a lot of truth behind the idea that happiness is a choice. Even though genetics and life circumstances play a role in happiness, you do have control over a lot of it. If you bring consciousness, gratitude and even frivolity to your day, you'll likely feel more joyful. So, just how can you do that?

Try these five ways to boost your level of happiness:

Reconnect with what brings you joy. From throwing around a baseball to taking art classes, everyone has activities they used to enjoy. Perhaps a busy schedule or aging body got you out of the habit or made you feel like you should quit. Regardless of the reason you stopped, give those fun activities a try again. Reconnecting with what you love to do is a simple way to increase your joy.

Get in the zone. Have you ever been so involved in something that time seems to stand still and your concerns seem to disappear? This is called being in a state of flow. It's a state of complete engagement in the task at hand, and it can boost your happiness. Playing a musical instrument and getting lost in a good book are examples of how you can get into the flow.

Find novelty in everyday life. Your brain is attracted to things that are new or novel. When you are paying attention to something new, you are focused on the present moment, which can boost feelings of happiness. Engage your brain by finding something new or seeing something in a new way. You don't have to go bungee jumping off the Eiffel Tower. Start with something small, such as looking up at the clouds. Although the clouds aren't new, each cloud is different, and be honest, when is the last time you did this?

Put yourself first. There will always be something you "should" be doing. That to-do list will never end. It's up to you to find balance. If you keep a calendar, add something at least once a week that's just for you. Let your family know that this is a priority, so you don't risk canceling as soon as something else pops up. It can be as simple as spending an hour at the library.  Or buying a tiny bouquet of flowers for your night stand.

Immerse yourself in nature. Spending time in nature can reduce stress and increase feelings of vitality, awe, gratitude and compassion. The natural world helps remind people that they are but small beings on this planet and gives them a greater sense of the whole. Nature nurtures and restores. It is one of the greatest resources for happiness.

Walking around, in or out, helps get your heart pumping and your body secreting cortisol ... the anti stress hormone!

Signed,

Pollyanna






6 comments:

  1. I think we all know someone who is passive aggressive, bipolar or narcissist but to find all three of those things in one person? Is that even possible? I don't know.

    I do know two people who've diagnosed as bipolar and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And they really seem to need to post on Facebook. Meds control their mood swings but makes them feel hollow inside and drugged out so they never stick with them for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think narcissists are also passive aggressive. VERY hard to deal with. So the few I know are background noise in my life.

    There are more than a handful of Bipolar people in my life. Dreadful stuff. One also has paranoid schizophrenia. She is my age (daughter of some dear Grandparents we adopted)(both deceased now). She tried to befriend me but at the time, I just didn't have the time or energy to be friends. Bad on me, but I just knew I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid bipolar people who have tried to befriend me too. I just don't need or want to work that hard at friendship and they are an investment of time.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for saying that. I had so much guilt and thankfully she gave up after a few months. I just love her Mom and Dad so much!

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love FB? It let's people that barely know you call you all sorts of nasty names. So much easier than if they were face-to-face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahahahahahaha! Really?!? YOU? Well, I guess every delusional person has to have a delusion...but honestly, I appreciate your grace in the whole matter. And if you’re not feeling a “friendship”, even if it is only on FB, then don’t do it. Your time is your most valuable commodity and one you can get back once given.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...