Tuesday, August 13, 2019

AUGUST TUESDAY

Last week flew past.  Started with a toothache on Fri night, which I kept at bay til Monday morning.  Only to learn my Dentist was on vacation for a week.  I called his replacement and they could fit me in on Tuesday.  What's one more day of 3 Aleve three times a day?  That morning I woke up and felt fine!  So I called to cancel.

Wednesday morning the pain was back and YES they fit me in.  Pushing on the tooth didn't hurt.  Cold didn't hurt.  Heat (did he brand me????) didn't hurt.  Xrays showed a tiny spot that could be the start of an infection but he thought my body would heal itself.  And so it did!


Had a meeting that night and I may be running for the Board of the WLLO Village.  It's a two year term so despite my miserable time on the HOA Board, I feel better knowing we are ALL new.  Stay tuned.

Mom and Dad left for Sea Glass beach in Port Townsend, WA.  I took the boys to a shop that has old toys but mostly out of their price range.  So they got to build their own Lego figurine ...


An hour of fun for just $3.99 per boy.  Next was a stop to a thrift store but no luck finding toy soldiers or Legos there.  Wendy's for lunch was unanimous!



Until he stole my chili!

 We drove to a new shave ice place, parallel parked only to learn they are closed on Mondays.  Big Lots was next on the list and the Halloween stuff was amazing (and noisy and gruesome).  They found a GI Joe type figure with lots of accessories.  We went to Starbucks drive-thru for frappuccinos for the boys to replace shave ice, cold brew for me and came home for a swim.  The water is almost too warm!

They finally got an hour of screen time while I cleaned the dining table and started on our first vignette .... summer on Whidbey Island (sorry, computer cord in the right bottom corner.

We were lucky enough to have leftover pasta with warm bread, salad, fresh English peas (raw) and sesame seeds.  Watermelon for dessert.  Gramma used too many dishes so I think tomorrow is a one plate meal!



8 comments:

  1. I'm worn out just reading this.
    Good thing you are a young Gramma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am worn out! Especially my ears. And I certainly don’t feel very young today!!!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of a tooth infection healing itself. But then there are lots of things I've never heard of.

    The boys will be in school soon. Enjoy your time with them while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve never heard of a dentist not wanting to be proactive. I thought the pain was a result of new Invisalign. But coincidence I think.

    I do enjoy them and will miss them while at school. Now we are trying to get them to do a team sport. B wants to do a solo sport. I’m thinking swimming for him ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh you packed in so much for the day! I too am exhausted reading about all you did! But I know everyone had a good day and I am hoping a restful night of sleep!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good although escaped my sight and gave me a panic attack! Tuesday was less buy and longer swimming!

      Delete
  5. What a fun time for you and the boys! They'll keep you young. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or it will kill me! We are having so much fun, I told the kidults they could stay an extra night. It will be their last kidless vacation for a while!

      Unless they ever get married ...after 15 years together ...

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...