Sunday, January 5, 2020

ROARING TWENTIES


2020 is off to a great start ... just five days in!

On Thursday I received notification of an old IRA that I had not rolled over when I left that employer.  I seem to remember I had to leave it in for a specified amount of time and then I promptly forgot about it!  What an awesome surprise.  Yes!!!  There was a comma involved!!



Friday, I got the second dose of Shingrix.  I was getting a bit concerned since the first dose was August.  I sure do have a sore arm!  Medicare does not cover it and my insurance plan only covers  $20 so that was a BIG number.  Twice!  But watching two friends deal with over a year's worth of big pain, worth every penny to me.

On Saturday I went with a condo friend for a luxurious pedicure!  It's a new spot in a brand new retail section of the most exclusive/expensive continuing care community in Oregon.  They are running a 20% off sale until business picks up so we were treated to over an hour's worth of detailed foot care.  We made a pact to go every four weeks this year.  My daughter has been doing mine for several months but we don't have the right height of chairs and stools to keep her (or me) comfortable.




6 comments:

  1. Extra money is always a good surprise!

    Is Shingrix for shingles? I've had both my shots and I would not want a case of them. Shots were not bad.

    I need a pedicure. I do my own but not very good, but I'm so fearful of picking up an infection from those places. I got one once and lost my nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m fearful also. We should just buy all our own equipment and take it in each time.

      Delete
  2. ANOTHER AMAZING THING .... I slept through the entire night! Whoo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 2020 is indeed good for you already! Hidden/found money like this is a win-win!!! May the rest of the year be so good!

    Happy New Year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that'd be so exciting... being told of money I forgot about. I don't think that'll ever happen to me. ha! I absolutely must get that shingles shot this year. I made an appointment for the 1st shot in early November of last year but then got a terrific cold so had to cancel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good deal. If you are afraid of infection tell them not to cut your cuticles and just push them back. I've been having monthly pedis for ten years t least. Best thing ever. Unfortunately my sister gets flu like symptoms with the dang shot and went down for 2 hours for both. I've had the single shingles shot but not the double header as of yet.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...