Sunday, January 12, 2020

GETTING UP. GETTING DRESSED. GETTING OUT.

2020 continues to be kind to me.


My quarterly Dr visit says I am down 6 pounds (and I didn't take off my shoes or my sweater) and my blood pressure is down on the first try.  I did calm deep breathing while waiting and the assistant put my hand of the arm she was checking ON her shoulder ... I think that helped also!  Sugar remained the same so I need to get my body MOVING.

I called around within a 7 mile radius (because, CONVENIENCE) to find a place with water aerobics and other fun-without-sweating things in the water.  24-Hour Fitness is just $46/mo for month-to-month membership.  Heading in to sign up on Monday. (Just 4.5 miles)


Weight Watchers is on Tuesday mornings at 9:30 am.  Weather permitting (Portland is predicting snow ... and people here do NOT know how to drive in snow!)  I'm heading there to be weighed in once a week and learn some better substitutes for carbs.  I keep trying to find a buddy but no one has stepped up yet.


It will be interesting as I don't understand their new Three Color plan.  Based on your answers to their online assessment, you’ll get matched with a color (BlueGreen, and Purple) that guides you toward food choices geared for your goals.  I just want to track what I eat, drink more water and cut back on the junk food.

 Last but not least, I'm reducing my WLLO work hours.  On April 18 we will have our first annual Members Meeting and a new, elected Governing Council will be selected.  I sent a Council wide email last week explaining that I will go back to member services at this same time.  Hopefully I can "adopt" a gal pal and provide an extra member-to-member drive as three rides a week barely covers doctors and errands.  I want to be the FUN things.  More one on one.  Go over to visit or play games.  Go out to the movies.  Share lunch.  I will continue to be a driver and maybe one or two days of virtual office (right now it is 4-5 days a week!)


Color me happy!

4 comments:

  1. I love your attitude. I wish I could steal it and run. I have a swimming pool close but I just can't bring myself to got out in the cold and snow to swim, then go back out in the cold and snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s why I’m tipping in my toe doing this monthly. Stay tuned. But I have to do something. Walking this time of year would be non-sweating ....

      Delete
  2. Good for you with the weight loss! Seems like a good visit too with the doctor if your blood pressure was lower too! Just keep moving however you can! Hopefully you'll find more about Weight Watchers at the meeting. I had not heard of their new program based on color and assessment. We lost weight 2 years ago first on Nutrisystem for 2 months then our own modified program. We cut out all pasta, bread, rice, potatoes (all my favorites) and did lots of veggies and protein. Found zucchini noodles are pretty darn good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what WLLO is but it sounds interesting. My dog gets me outdoors walking two times a day; he is so happy to be patrolling the neighborhood so I am too. Enjoy your water exercise, I did that for years.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...