Tuesday, October 29, 2019

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOYS and BOYS

Mr. 9 and Mr. 5.5.  Mostly they love each other and play, play, play together.  Yet they have so many differences.

Mr. 5.5 loves to dress like a Wall Street business person.  Mr. 9 wants to be a rapper (especially since he learned P. Diddy attended Montessori schools).

(his outfit for picture day)

Mr. 5.5 wants new ties for Christmas.  Mr P Diddy wants a thick gold chain and a cross.

Mr. 9 is enjoying a bit of alone time, listening to music.  Mr 5.5 loves creating things.  Dad lets him nail scrap wood, dig in the dirt, have a half bucket of water any season of the year.  Mom enjoys providing craft products and letting his imagination go. 

At school, Mr. 5.5 is learning to sew.  He came home VERY excited to mail some handiwork to his favorite Aunt (my sister Janet).  Even had his  "guide" (teacher) write Aunt Janet's name on the water color.


   


Mr. 9 is all about using technology.  He uses Alexa the most in our family.  He can even have her turn on the TV and find a movie!  She saves his favorite music so he can just ask "play my mellow playlist" or "Alexa!  Play my dance music playlist"  He loves to wander through the internet on his topic of the week .... from dung beetles to kids catching big fish to stencils for carving pumpkins (yes, he can print from an iPhone).

Mr. 5.5 is a finicky eater.  He won't even TRY things.  At home.  And while he used to LOVE cantaloupe, now he refuses.  School is amazing at offering the Kindergarten group two snacks a day ... now he likes celery, salami, honeydew and almond butter!  Mr. 9 has always loved ANY fruit or vegetable... not too high on meat.  Mr. 5.5 prefers flesh.

They both still love being military.  Dressing the part. Playing with action figures.  Carrying play guns and rifles.  Mr. 9 and a cohort at school did a project on tanks.  They learned that Leonardo Da Vinci invented the first tank in 1487 and they made a tank out of cardboard, egg cartons, foil and paint.

But they still have a soft spot for Gramma.  This is CALENDAR weekend for me, so I've been holed up in my office triple checking everything.



They shared a favorite lambie, made a flip book, a three dimensional shark, gave me some bird flash cards and put some steps on my fitbit.  They also came in 1,842,905 times to borrow my tape or my scissors or my stapler or my paper or my markers.

Smart Gramma quietly locked her door.  

SURPRISE!  Look Gramma, I can get in so you don't have to come to the door!



5 comments:

  1. They sure are growing in their own row aren't they. Wall Street guy cracks me up. Boys they active and crafty need their own tape, scissors, markers and paper kit for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They DO have their own! But no one puts things back in the same place except Gramma! Today he (5.5) was home sick from school so he filled up a plastic bottle with pompoms for me to enjoy on my desk.

      Delete
    2. Last Christmas I got 5.5 a very very heavy duty masking tape dispenser and 6 rolls of tape in different colors. He is very diligent about returning my items!

      Delete
  2. I laughed out loud about what Mr. 9 wants for Christmas! How cute they are with their differences yet bonded together in love and family! I found that at day care/preschool my grandson eats more variety than he does when he's over here. He may be a little bit spoiled here.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they know how to pull our strings. Parents put EVERYTHING on their plates (even if they don't like it) every single meal. Changes happen over night. We sometimes encourage them to TRY an item saying "maybe now that you are so much older, your taste buds may have changed ... remember when you didn't like XXXXXXXX and now you do?"

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...