Tuesday, October 8, 2019

BLOGGERS CONNECTED

I'm missing a blogger friend, Bella Rum, from "What's She Thinking".  


She had previously blogged several times about heart and lung issues which is what caused me to be concerned.  I haven't been following her for very long but I'm so glad I found her.  She had to change blogs due to some trolling issues so we exchanged email addresses so she could let me know how to find her blog. 

She hasn't posted since July and has not answered any of my emails.  She is married so I know she is being watched but I'm not sure he knows to how to put something on her blog to let us worry warts know.  And he is not answering her email.


I updated my document to my kids (Upon my Death) to cover extended illness and ask that they post to Facebook, my blog and set my email to send an automated response so people would know why I wasn't so chatty.  Also, my sister sent this VERY interesting article "Get Your Digital Accounts Ready in Case of Death" from the NY Times.

Get Your Digital Accounts Ready  

Well worth the read.

In addition, if my blog friends/commenters would like my phone number, send me an email.  And I will give you my kids' numbers as well.  Some of you are singles so it's especially important to let your public know!

Thank you!


6 comments:

  1. I bookmarked that article. I, too, am concerned about our missing blogger and fear the worst.

    I've already put it in writing that my niece needs to post something on my blog but I didn't show her how to do it yet or give her my password. She knows how to to find my blog and reads it, but not how to post on it. I really need to take care of this. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOO many things to share ... password to my computer since all my passwords are stored in 1Password on my computer. Password to voicemail. Sheesh!

      But very important to those who step in after me.

      Delete
  2. Thanks to you for reminding us that we need to have this information on our digital accounts stored in a file somewhere. I have been in the process of producing "upon my death" info for my husband, and it had not occurred to me to include this info.
    I have been following Bella Rum for years, and am heartbroken that we have not heard from her in over 3 months. Still hoping for a good outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping she returns weaving a grand story of the rest of her summer!

      Be sure your husband writes up HIS "upon my death" You never know!

      Delete
  3. That article was very informative. I saved it and plan to set up Upon my Death and get my ducks in a row. I do the financial things here so I need to get all that together for hubby who is perfectly capable of doing it, I just take care of it and so much is digital and automatic payments, but I still need to get it written out somehow. I need to leave him instructions too on how to access my blog and create an entry.

    It is hard when bloggers "disappear." We do wonder what has happened. Do you happen to have a name for her? Maybe run a google search and see if something comes up (hopefully nothing bad.)

    Thanks for sharing the article!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness Mr. Ralph and I shared our passwords. Even though I did most of the banking and bill paying. One BIG boo boo, HE actually opened a credit card account. Even though I had the sign in and passwords and paid it every month, they CLOSED it before I could even notify them. When I called, they were rude and would not let me sign in to pay it. So I did not pay it. EVER! They lost out on $6,000 ... which I did not legally owe since I was "merely" and authorized signer.

      I found another email address for Bella and sent one off last night.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...