Tuesday, October 1, 2019

FUNNIER THAN A .....

I don't know why this struck my funny bone!  But it just did.  

Yes, we got another "letter" from the HOA about feeding the squirrels.  Kate responded with a well worded letter explaining why she was feeding them across the parking lot (keeps them from trying to get into the bird feeders) and ended by saying we would not feed them anywhere on the condo grounds.

(what we would love to do for Halloween ... if we can train them in time!)

One of the reasons mentioned in the letter was that some residents are afraid of squirrels because they could attack and they carry rabies.  One year they "commandeered" a patio and residents could not safely enter their own homes.  (There is only one person here who is afraid of squirrels but she is a squeaky wheel... and threatens lawsuits at the drop of a hat.)

Squirrels do NOT carry rabies and I have never heard of a squirrel attack (without provocation).  Any time I see a meme with squirrels, I now share them with my family!


By the time you read this, it will be October. 

This was taken at Costco last week.

When really we should just be starting this!

And as the time draws near, I keep trying to come up with a reason why I don't need to have this colonoscopy ...



4 comments:

  1. Squirrels are not scary unless they are wearing a Halloween mask. I've co-existed with squirrels my entire life. At one point we had over 20 of them at a time eating from our squirrel feeder in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We fed the squirrels in a different area than our bird feeders (in the days we we owned on house without an HOA) Squirrel proofed every bird feeder.

      SOOO interesting about this one woman having such an irrational fear. Bosko has a toy squirrel ... we may have to regift it at Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I read on someone's blog a few years back the problem they were having with squirrels in their attic. They didn't mind squirrels in general, just not in their attic destroying their property. One of the cities we lived in, the neighbor next door had bird feeders. The squirrels would come and try to eat off of them. He would trap them and move them and they'd end up back in his back yard. They don't bother me. They are kinda cute.

    I love the Capri Sun cartoon. Hubby showed it to me on Facebook. I can appreciate the humor and tempted to insert a straw most work days :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Destructive critters of ANY kind are not good. These condo buildings are 30 years old and need to have all the potential openings sealed to prevent anything getting in and nesting. We had rats come in under buildings and chew through electrical wiring. HOA had screens put in every access point to crawl space.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...