Tuesday, October 15, 2019

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW ...



My left cataract was removed last Tuesday and it is AMAZING to be able to see again.

I was less nervous than I thought I would be.  The nurses and workers were all very nice and gave me a valium or something, a warm blanket and I was never alone for more than 5 minutes.  The hardest part was having drops put in from right on top of my eye!  I always tilt my head and put drops onto the white of my eye.

My biggest concern was being able to SEE the operation through my left eye.  Nope!  It's just a big blur of dark and a bit of bright light.  There was also an intravenous sedative.  Once I felt pressure (they alerted me ahead of time) but no pain ever.  I could see out of the left eye immediately.  

I got to wear a clear plastic patch the first day and now only at night.  One drop of a  compounded medicine twice a day.  Kate took me to a follow up the next morning and they also removed the left lens from my specs.

The most amazing benefit is the amount of light I see!  And the colors!  I can compare both eyes looking at the same thing.  The bad eye looks like I am peering through a glass of water that is rusty brown.



No pain.  No bloodshot eye.  No shower/hair washing for 3 days.  And that's it!

Right eye scheduled for December 10 ... unless they get a cancellation earlier!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this experience in such detail. I'm fearful of the surgery but at the same time wish my doctor would finally tell me I can have it. I don't like the dullness of colors and think that's why I'm not painting much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear everyone who has ever had cataract surgery has never regretted it. That's great you had a fantastic experience with the left eye! Let's hope there is a cancellation between now and December 10!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...