Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MEDITATION

Per Wikipedia:

MEDITATION is a practice in which an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or an end in itself.

I am not a free spirited personality.  This I have to admit.  I don't believe in psychics or tarot cards or magic crystals.  Maui has more than its fair share of free spirits (or aging hippies if you prefer).  We have lots of vegans and raw food only diets and more vegetarians than carnivores.  It's probably also the intergalactic headquarters for marijuana growers.

A couple of weeks ago I attended a sunset birthday party for two ladies in their 70's.  Everyone brought a pupu (appetizer) and a beverage.  Nancy and I were about the only two who did NOT smoke pot.  The other ladies wore soft, flowing angel dresses.  They burst into song every 15 minutes.  They danced together.  And then they smoked more pot.  They had names like Feather, Heartstring, Amethyst.  Sometimes I wish I had a tiny bit of free spirit ... to just let myself be silly.  My name would be Chardonnay.

I do believe in the idea of meditation, though.  Although I have a different name for it.



nap1
nap/
verb
gerund or present participle: napping
  1. 1.
    sleep lightly or briefly, esp. during the day.

Being horizontal for 45 minutes or so, forcing all thoughts out of my mind, breathing slow and deep ... refreshes me.  I call it meditation!


4 comments:

  1. If I was a free spirit my name would be Snowflake. That would explain why I wake up with a different personality every other day. LOL All kidding aside, I think I would like the people that Maui attracts even though I don't believe in most of that stuff either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha ha!!! I like Snowflake!! I would prefer Merlot but that did not sound as cute as Chardonnay.

      I have enjoyed everyone I've met here. Some are not destined to be "close" friends because we don't have much to discuss since we don't share the same core values and thinking. Although I need to learn to eat more like they do because they could all be named Willowy

      Delete
  2. Dear Chardonnay....

    Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...