Friday, December 27, 2013

MAUI NO KA 'OI

This phrase, Maui no ka 'oi means "Maui is the best."  I have to agree!

Sharon and M'Linda arrived late Monday afternoon.  Here it is Friday and I haven't written a blog all week!  Because we are having fun.  We go to a different beach every day.  Even though I am not a sun worshiping lady, every other day I pick a beach that has a shady area for me.  

Christmas Eve was a little party for ladies ... snacks and wine and stories and laughter.  Christmas day I grilled Chilean sea bass as well as asparagus, red onion slices, potatoes and cherry tomatoes.  It was beautiful, Christmas colors and quite tasty.  M'Linda brought THREE bottles of wine in her suitcase so we enjoyed a Boedecker Pinot Noir that was fabulous.

Last night we made festive pomegranate martinis.  This morning we went on a two hour whale watch.  We did get to see quite a few whales but none were very close.  February is the best month for lots of close up action.  I've been on many whale watching trips in Maui and I learn something new every time!  Today's biologist informed us that the whales arrive in a staggered progression .... young males followed by older males, ladies with yearlings then pregnant whales.  This is both a birthing place and a breeding place.

Tonight we are going to the Kihei monthly festivities featuring craft vendors and food vendors.

Maui no ka 'oi!

5 comments:

  1. I was HOPING that the reason that you hadn't posted was because you were having FUN! I got my hat from 808 clothing but it was broken. I sent it back and asked them to replace it. It is what it is. Said that to myself a lot over the holiday week but made it through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, too bad your hat wasn't perfectly wearable the FIRST time! I say that almost every day. We just can't control life! Darn it.

      Delete
  2. I knew you were having fun. You've been proactive through the holidays and that's what it takes.

    Maui seems like such a perfect place to live. I say what while I'm still surrounded in ice. Yesterday it was falling off the trees and hitting my car while I was driving and that was scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks to you both for assuming the optimistic version of my holiday. And true!

      Jean, I don't think I could live in your neck of the woods any more. I grew up in Columbus, Ohio so we didn't get near the cold and snow as you do, but it was plenty. Moved away after a blizzard shut down the city for three days. I'm telling you ... you guys need to come visit Paradise!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...