Sunday, December 1, 2013

DECEMBER

The grief journey is predictable although not an exact science.  I feel like I have emotional ADD with crazy swings of feelings.  It will be seven months tomorrow.

In yesterday's mail our local hospice sent me a very personal note and a worksheet for me to complete on "what to do if I start feeling blue".  So I can tape it inside the pantry in case of emergency it will be there in black and white.


Some of the info for me to complete:  Top three people I like to talk to (with space for their phone number).  What kind of physical thing would be quick and easy and fun to do on a moment's notice (swim).  What's your happy song?  Where can you go to bring some joy back in?  A great idea, all in all!  

I'm going to do my homework .... just in case!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great idea for a tool for widows. When you're 'down' you can't think straight so it's good thing to have your 'homework' done and ready if and when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean ~ You are absolutely right about that! We just need a little reminder.

      Delete
  2. I think that's a great tool for EVERYbody! I'd like a copy of that--even though I'm not a widow, I suffer from the blues more than I'd like to admit... :) Can you hook me up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie ~ It's in your email! We are so good for each other. You share your helpful hints and I share mine. Together we will live fulfilling lives!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...