Sunday, September 11, 2022

THE DAILY RITUAL


Gosh do I enjoy my septuagenarian daily ritual.  After all those years of rushing to get a wee one off to preschool and myself off to work, and then all the years of just getting myself off to work, retirement is something I just immerse myself in.  It has changed very little since I first retired.

One cup of homemade cold brew coffee.  I add a scoop of Benefiber, some cream and my oh my it's good.  Then I open my computer to read and answer any emails of importance.  Next I read/skim our local City paper followed by the Portland paper.  My favorite next step is the NY Times.  I pay just $4 per month and there it is! After checking out articles of interest, I play the mini crossword and wordle.  Followed by Facebook and Instagram and NextDoor.

Once again we have wildfires very close to Portland.  Our air quality today is "unhealthy for sensitive groups."  Yesterday the air was a greenish grey and smelled of smoker.  So far the worst fires are across the Willamette River so Lake Oswego is just getting a Red Flag warning.  My kidlet has mild asthma and yesterday she took her inhaler to work.  My neighbor friend has a moderate case of asthma and just walking a block to her mailbox gave her a 15 minute coughing session and watery eyes.  She and her husband are invited to an outdoor party tonight but she is probably not going.

Thanks for reading ... not the most exciting blog of the century but a little glimpse into the first two hours of my day!




 

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon! Our mornings are similar except I like two cups of hot coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you probably start way earlier! I'm a 9am kind of septuagenarian. I used to be such a morning gal (getting to the Farmer's Market by 7:30am or heading to work to get in overtime in the morning) Then I went o 8am, then 8:30 and currently 9am. Might be 10am by the time I hit 80!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...