Thursday, September 8, 2022

COOKING FOR ONE


There are days when the family is eating kid friendly food.  Chicken nuggets.  Corn dogs.  Sloppy Joes.  You know the stuff.  I, of course, still like these foods but I shouldn't eat them very often (diabetes).

I love reading recipes and I discovered a woman on Instagram, Cooking for One.

She posts almost every day and has the best photos. Some recipes look like two servings for me but I like leftovers. 

Some of my favorite ideas for just me ...

Microwave poached egg.  You will need to try a time or two to get the right sized cup and the right number of seconds.  One cup of water in a regular coffee cup, cover with a paper towel and zap for 60 seconds. I usually leave mine in the water for another 15 seconds. Turkey bacon takes another 60 seconds.  Toast takes the longest!

I haven't tried this Pumpkin Spice Latte yet because I'll have to bake a pie that day as it only calls for one tablespoon of pumpkin!


Usually I'm not a dessert eater (I have wine ... counts as a fruit, yes?)  But those make it in a mug desserts are so great to whip up.  Most of my tries have been via 


So so yummy to have a warm brownie whenever you have that urge.

We have a very tiny kitchen so I either have to make my food first or when they are done.  I also keep a stash of Lean Cuisine frozen meals for when I have no energy.

The food pantry I volunteer for has a lot of Indian dishes.  I hesitate to try cuisine where I'm not sure if I would like it but I did buy two pouches (microwave).  






What are some of your favorite "just for you" meals?

2 comments:

  1. I usually cook and freeze to have multiple meals for me but I do love one dish kitchen! Especially the sides and baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no freezer space, except for my Lean Cuisine meals. I would love to help out with the cooking by making double batches of soup so we can freeze one for those emergency BUSIER days. No room. I do save the Costco chicken carcasses (I hide them) so when I get two I can make soup. Actually, I think a freezer reorganization is due!!!

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...