Thursday, September 15, 2022

sep·tu·a·ge·nar·i·an

Yep.  That little box I have to tick saying I am between 70 and 79.  I'm officially a Queenager and I hope to live at least as long as Queen Elizabeth II.


I would love to have hats made to match my outfits.  And outfits to fit my body type.  Sometimes even her gloves matched her outfits.  I love her monochromatic style (mine too)  She always looked stunning.  Currently I have a dozen hats, five are the ball caps which I don't really wear these days.  (Need to donate those)

Lust is the word I would use for her home life.  Maids, cooks, people to dress her, business secretaries, drivers, horse and barn employees and so much more. Maybe a full time flower arranger!  Oh, and I bet a make-up professional and hair stylist (491 direct employees to the Queen ... I could work with half that many!)  

She had more than 40 tiaras.  And how many sets of China and silver?  Shoes?  Up to 12 people staff the queen's wardrobe department for big occasions including three dressmakers, a milliner and four dressers whose job it is to help the queen get dressed as well as keep her clothes in pristine. 

I think it would wear me out just living like the queen.  I'm a wash and wear 100% cotton kind of girl.  I occasionally glam it up by adding a scarf!












1 comment:

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...