Sunday, December 12, 2021

CANDY CANES and CHRISTMAS COOKIES

The Christmas Season has begun.

Kate is baking cookies every other day and I made a batch of Christmas Crack (it IS addictive) as well as half a batch of white chocolate chip with macadamia nuts cookies.  Inside and outside are both decorated to the hilt.  Despite the emotionally rough year, holiday happiness has arrived.  Tonight they decorate sugar cookies. A Christmas favorite.  One year, while I was in Maui, they were pretty broke and spending $$ on childcare and working too much ... I had a friend make sugar cookies AND four colors of frosting and sprinkles and deliver so that could continue that tradition.  Best Christmas gift I have ever given.


(Kate made those three branch balls)

There are still a few people who send Christmas cards and the boys love asking questions about the sender and finding a place on the fridge to display them.

Saturday morning was Grandma heaven with both boys in my bed for over an hour, laughing and the two of them using my phone and my computer and two iPads playing Roblox against each other.  I browsed through an old cookbook (a favorite hobby) and am inspired to expand their tastebuds.



The littles got their first Covid vaccine and Deacon put his sticker on my fridge.  He had blacked out the wording so it said "I got Covid today".  Hysterical if you're in second grade.  I'm getting my booster on Dec 30, they get vax 2 on Jan 8.

I was interviewed by Paula Span (NYT columnist The New Old Age) about telemedicine and my name got mentioned!!  A "tele-health partisan!"  She was a fabulous interviewer.  I had a televisit that morning with colonoscopy Dr just a "get to know you kind of thing" with questions that weren't on the form.  The office started doing them via internet when Covid hit the scene but they had so many compliments they are keeping it up.


More good news ... I just purchased Miss Jessies Pillow Soft Curls to put on my semi curly hair.  Everything I have used in the past has been blown off my shelf.  No more crunchy hair, waiting for it to dry and using a hair pick to separate.  This cream left my hair so soft and more natural looking.  Someone is always improving the original mouse trap!


I had my eyelashes tinted so I could skip mascara.  Probably won't do it again.  I don't think it's going to last very long as grey lashes are so coarse.  Plus my natural lashes are short and skimpy so I normally just layer on the mascara so the look longer and thicker.

That's it for today!






2 comments:

  1. Oh, another thing to worry about! I didn't know you could get gray eye lashes. I have one gray eyebrow and that's bad enough.

    Love that the holiday cheer is back in your house. Vaccines do make a difference, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of my brows are coarse grey. I use a brow "mascara" type of eyebrow tint .. then comb them into place. Why do grey hairs grow in every direction but the way you want them to?

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...